We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mulu Caves only or including Pinnacles

KL
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mulu Caves only or including Pinnacles

Hi Destination Expert,

My family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers planning a Mulu trip in end Nov. We are deciding between a 3 days/2 night Mulu Caves package or a 4 Days/3 nights Mulu Caves + Pinnacles. As the Pinnacles trip involve a fair bit of treking and climbing, we are concerned about the weather condition during this time and problems with leeches on wet trails. Any advice ?

Thanks

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mulu Caves only or including Pinnacles

The weather is normally not a problem. I was in Mulu last December and we had a couple of hours of rain in 4 days.

However, the pervious week they had had serious rain and flooding.

You just have to hope that you are lucky.

Leeches - again, not a problem. Have a look at this link....

tripadvisor.com/…14990073

I would suggest you take mossy nets if you decided to do the Pinnacles as you will have to 'sleep rough' and insects are a pain in the a$$.

Also, a light weigh sleeping sack - something like a double cotton sheet, folded and stiched up 3/4 of the open side.

2. Re: Mulu Caves only or including Pinnacles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2010, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Sarawak