We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Tokyo - anything I should do?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
One night in Tokyo - anything I should do?

Hi,

I'll be overnighting between flights in early December. I'll arrive Narita around 8 pm and my flight the next day is at 1 pm. I am staying at a hotel near the airport.

I am willing to pull an all-nighter (or close to one) if there is anything fun/interesting to do in Tokyo from about 11 pm onwards. And of course, I would want to feel safe, being a single woman traveling.

I know nothing about the trains from Narita into Tokyo -- do they run all night, and early morning?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. I'd like to know all my options.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Tokyo - anything I should do?

Why don't you just stay overnight city center? The hotels out at Narita are a dead zone.

How about this itinerary*

Arrive NRT 2000, Narita Express or Bus to hotel, arrive hotel around 2200. Walk around Roppongi, Roppongi Hills, Midtown, find sushi restaurant or other Japanese restaurant for dinner. Lots of places for drinks as well. Best to stay somewhere in the Roppongi area if budget allows.

On the bus back to NRT at 1000, depart at 1300.

2. Re: One night in Tokyo - anything I should do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 18:18