We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ueno to Haneda International Airport

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
237 posts
22 reviews
From Ueno to Haneda International Airport

We will leave Tokyo for home from Ueno with 3 pieces of luggage. What is the best option to go to Haneda if we would like to minimise change stations and stairs without lift or eslators? Is JR line change at Hamamatsucho for monorail a better option than JR change at Shinagawa better (this one has a few steps stairs and is further away from Ueno).

Thank you for advice.

4 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,903 posts
1. Re: From Ueno to Haneda International Airport

taxi to Asakusa station + Airport train

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,279 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: From Ueno to Haneda International Airport

If you are quite close to Ueno station, take JR to Shinagawa and change to Keikyu Line there. The transfer at Shinagawa is very easy. It has escalators and elevators. Despite the different train operators, the walk between the two platforms is a short one.

But of course, if you have the budget, choose Nao-san's option and take the short taxi ride to Asakusa.

Edited: 28 March 2018, 02:08
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
237 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: From Ueno to Haneda International Airport

Thanks to both of you. I think i go for JR train to shinagawa. I just want to check whether monorail is a better option. We are told that we need 2 taxis as we are 4 persons plus 3 luggage.

Have a nice day.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,279 posts
171 reviews
4. Re: From Ueno to Haneda International Airport

4 will fit into one cab. Bags depend on their sizes.

Reply to: From Ueno to Haneda International Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted