We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nikko All Area Pass

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
236 posts
22 reviews
Nikko All Area Pass

We are going to Nikko for 2 days and 1 night on 30.3.. On the TOBU site, I tried to buy the Nikko All Area Pass (for JPY 4150) which covers the round trip train from Asakusa to Nikko Station and unlimited pass to go the the shrines and the Lake Chuzenjiko area.

After I have completed the process to buy the pass, I could not go on to reserve the limited express train tickets. Is it correct that I can only do so at the TOBU Tourist Information Center Asakusa ? And I anyway have to go there to exchange the printed vouchers for the passes?

In fact, I would like to complete the process and have the seats reserved, in case if the train is full. Is my worry superfluous ?

Thnak you for advice.

2 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,261 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: Nikko All Area Pass

It's only available using the Japanese page. Use an online translator and see if you can get it done. If not, you can always call upon arrival. I doubt the train would be sold out days in advance.

railway.tobu.co.jp/special_express/purchase/

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
236 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Nikko All Area Pass

Hi Sammy, thank you very much for your helpful information. I did not manage the Japanese and translation :-((

On the other hand, the TOBU English site works tonight. I could have bought online the All Area Pass plus Limited Express Tickets (I guess the supplement). However, it seems that I still need to exchange the vouchers and reserve seats in the TOBU Tourist Information Center Asakusa. Therefore, I have decided to buy everything when we are in Tokyo. There are a few days before we get to Nikko.

Thank you very much.

Reply to: Nikko All Area Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nikko