We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nikko Hidden Gem

Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Nikko Hidden Gem

If you are in Nikko, please drop in to Gyoza No Umechan for a light snack (or a full meal for that matter). A one chef, four table restaraunt; Chef Umechan makes only roast pork, sausage, ramen bowls, and the best gyoza I've ever eaten. Mr. Umechan attends too every customer, teaching them and explaining to them how to eat his magical gyoza! Please drop by when in Nikko!!! He is a six minute walk from JR Nikko Station on the left hand side of the road walking towards the world heritage sites.

6 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nikko Hidden Gem

This is so helpful, thanks for the info! I'm heading to Nikko in a few weeks, so will definitely check it out. I love me some good gyoza.

Best,

Nano | Tokyo-based Food & Travel Blogger @ Travel With Nano B.

montreuil sur ille
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nikko Hidden Gem

hello, we ate this evening at gyoza no umechan. we try to find him on tripadvisor to make a good commentary. didn't find him, but found this post.We had a very good menu, the gyoza are succulent, and specially, the chief is so nice. He is very attentive and generous. You have to go there both to eat very well and have a good time at a very small price.

Superior, CO
Level Contributor
12 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nikko Hidden Gem

This is great -- thank you for sharing! My kids *love* gyoza, although not how I make it, only their daddy's (who is nihonjin). I am totally putting this on our list of places to eat in Nikko. Glad you had a great time!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nikko Hidden Gem

Thanks for sharing. Am going tomorrow. Will definitely check it out.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nikko Hidden Gem

Does anyone know the address? I have tried googling but couldn't find it...

New Zealand
Level Contributor
6,849 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nikko Hidden Gem

I think this is it.

https://goo.gl/maps/pgtLVyuhyvu

Reply to: Nikko Hidden Gem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted