We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help on train situation

spore
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
help on train situation

Hi, I will be arriving in Hiroshima next sat..am planing to take the JR train to Shin-osaka. I understand that i will have to take the shinkansen sakura to shin-osaka,I would like to know if there are any disruptions to this JR line with the current situation. I tried visiting the JR website to have a look at the trains updates but i am very confused as to which lines should i look at as this is my 1st trip to Japan.

Also are the roads to hiroshima station accessible from hiroshima airport given the current situation.Appreciate any updates and advice on this. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Japan
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: help on train situation

The shinkansen service was restored on Sunday.

There are a mix of disruptions on some of the local lines (for example, the trip to the Yamoto Battleship museum at Kure was not possible Monday) I have staff in Hiroshima the last couple of days but their trip across to Miyajima was fine.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,259 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: help on train situation

The major spots for visitors between Kyoto/Osaka and Hiroshima are fine by now. The most popular spots that are still having major train disruption are north of Kyoto heading to Kinosaki Onsen.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
81 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: help on train situation

I am planning on going to Kinosakionsen on July 19. Any chance train service will be restored by then? Are there alternative means to get there? Are shuttle buses being offered?

Reply to: help on train situation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hiroshima Prefecture