We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travellling from izmir to bodrum

SOUTH WALES
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
travellling from izmir to bodrum

Hi

I've just booked flights from the uk to izmir but departing from bodrum, wonder if anyone can advise what is the best way to travel from izmir to bodrum> would like to stop and see sights such as ephasus on route, but only have 5 days in total! so also would like to know which place is best to stay for longest ie 1 day in izmir and 4 in bodrum or other way or ar both worth spending couple days in each? thanks

Bristol, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travellling from izmir to bodrum

hello there,

if you r comin alone,it costs you a lot,the best way is comin wiv people,or have sum at the airport,thats what we did,youll see thousand of british in there,then you can rent a cab or a van n share the bill.cabs arent as expensive as in britain but still you need to watch out cuz they are puttin more expensive prices to tourists,i highly recommend you to bargain wiv driver and ask to not open the meter,you ll see it works out perfectly...you need 3 days to spend round ephesus area,cuz there r many places to go except ephesus,and might have a day in a waterpark(there are quality ones,we went to adaland waterpark,was fun) shud be a good idea,

,then you shud spend your left days in bodrum,its a place that you can have a classic sea,sand,sun,fun holiday.i suggest to take a boat trip for a day,it was stunning,beatifull bays that you cant get without a boat,and especially bodrum clubbin is much more better than kusadasi,save your nights and money for bodrum clubbin...i hope this helps a bit,have fun...

mel...

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,312 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travellling from izmir to bodrum

Hello Lissa,

I would not stay in Izmir too long then if your time is so limited. If you arrive in the morning go direct to Selcuk and spend at least 2 nights there, so you have time to visit Ephesus, Selcuk is nice, and I liked the beach of Pamucak. I have not been but have heard lots about Didyma, so you could perhaps visit and stay 1 night in that area, and then also 2 nights in or near Bodrum. It is up what you like, for me Bodrum was too busy, too crowded and I stayed in Gümüslük, very near and hotels straight down on the beach, lovely! About 8 years ago so I don't know if things changed. I do know things can change in no time in Turkey!

Yakida!

SOUTH WALES
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travellling from izmir to bodrum

Thanks both for your reply. I have now visited Turkey, in the

end got a private taxi direct to kusadsi (40Euro) and stayed 2 nights

on the promenade, really enjoyed it there, We caught the

local dolmus to visit Ephasus, very hot but well worth the

visit. We got talking to a taxi driver 1 night and ended up

having a taxi to bodrum, it cost about £50/£60 but considering

the distance we didn't think it was too bad, as we were only

there for a short time we wanted to get there as soon

as possible. We enjoyed both places and can't wait to

visit turkey again but this time for longer!

izmir
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travellling from izmir to bodrum

Hi

You should also see other parts of Turkey as Turkey is such a fantastic country that, whereever you go, you can find anything too inspiring.

I also advise anybody to see cappodocia and black sea coasts of Turkey and Istanbul for sure. Don't also ignore all Aegean antique cities which are about 5.000 years old.

Thanks

5. Re: travellling from izmir to bodrum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2009, 04:48
6. Re: travellling from izmir to bodrum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Izmir
Recent Conversations