We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking a car at Ephesus

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
472 posts
472 reviews
Save Topic
Parking a car at Ephesus

I am going to be renting a car in Bodrum and driving to Ephesus for the day. I am aware there are two gates (north and south) for entering Ephesus. Where would be the best place to park a car at Ephesus?

2 replies to this topic
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking a car at Ephesus

There are car parks at the top and bottom gate, the largest car park is at the bottom gate.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking a car at Ephesus

Plenty of room in the car parks these days, since there are virtually no tourists. The higher car park, to the South, is still free of charge I think.

Guides, audio-guides, souvenirs and refreshments can be found at both entrances. Most tourist buses drop their customers at the higher end and pick them up at the main entrance to the North. Thus, people off cruise ships, who haven't walked much recently, need only go down-hill.

Personally, I would park at the top and then rent a horse-drawn carriage to take me back to my car after I've spent four hours trekking round the site. I'd ask the cabbie to wait at Seven Sleepers while I had some gözleme or mantı or menemen in the tea houses under the fig trees there.

Reply to: Parking a car at Ephesus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted