We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money!!

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Spending money!!

Am off to altinkum on the 26th with my mrs and 10 month old boy,and i will say we are on a tight budget...we are going for 2weeks and only have £800 spends..do you think this will be enough??i have got my bank card to take wiv me but can only really use if desperate..any replys apreciated :-)

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Spending money!!

Oh and we are self catering...

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Spending money!!

hi shaun,,,thats just short of 60 pound a day,,and you are going self catering,,no probs that will be plenty,,altin,,is one of the cheaper,places,and likes been said not full up this year,,so prices will be good,,take a look at the post on,, marmaras prices this year.. thats just been posted,,on this site,, it will give you some,help.with the prices,,alt will be cheaper,,,english brakfast,,5,lira,,,big efes beer 4to5 lira,,8 if you go to the fancy places,,,chicken meals, 10 lira.ish,,,doner 4 lira,ish,on the bread, its just the lamb chops and steak,,thats gone up a lot,,that started last year,,,we go to kusadasi,,and thats a bit more expen, than alt,,,but still get good prices,,half a chicken,and chips,to eat in 9,lira,lot cheaper to take away,,,and we like a good drink, and eat well,,,and we spend,60 pound, a day so you will be ok in alt,,just look around,,,we just got back,,,stll red hot,,,85f,and the 10 day forcast shows no change,,hope been some help,,have a goog trip..bye,,

Edited: 10 September 2011, 12:16
Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Spending money!!

Thanks so much for the reply..that has really put my mind at rest...thanks for taking the time to put so much info in there...am lookin forward to it now :-)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Spending money!!

Hi shaunwolves

I have just returned from Altinkum,your money should cover you as long as your not frittering it on large amounts of drinks.

We were a family of 8 (4 adults,4 kids)we were paying between 190tl and 220tl for the 8 of us to eat an evening meal and that was some of us having steaks,lamb chops etc.

We didnt eat breakfast out and had snacks,wraps and sarnies for lunches.

You should be fine,our money also covered boat trip and water park several taxis and the dolmus on several occasions.

If you can take a couple of tins of meat or fish ie tuna ,salmon we did this and really enjoyed our sarnies.

You can get wraps for 4tl to take out these are quite filling for lunch.

The further away from the sea front you eat the cheaper it is,theres a place on Attaturk boulevard(main road)called the Golf bar we ate there several times the food was really good and if you need they will pick you up and drop you off at your accom.

Also if you want to eat in your apt. most restraunts will do you meals to take out.Where are you staying?

Have a great holiday and give us the lowdown when you get back,i think the resort will be quiet when you go.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: Spending money!!

ahh just read your previous post not sure where sunset is.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Spending money!!

By the way shaunwolves i didnt get to the Altikum tea rooms,but did have lovely cakes from carrefore and the kids had burgers from the burgerking next door.

Try the cakes really lovely, proper pattiserie cream with fresh fruits or choccie cakes with nuts etc etc mmmmm could just eat one.lol

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Spending money!!

hi shaun,,,forgot your going self,catering,,,,,dont forget to pack your sos,,and bacon in your suit case, it wont go off bacon and sos keep well,if you got a frige,which youb will have,prob,,,,every one does it,,wrap it well you will have no probs, the worst that can happen thay take it of you,,we been going to turky 17 years never eny probs,,,,,if you want lamb chops to eat out about 22 lira per person,steak about the same,,but the beef shish,,are ok at about 15,to 14,,,with a big bottle of efes at 5 abv,for about 1 pound 80 pence,you wont want to menny,there a bit strong,ish,,,

Edited: 11 September 2011, 11:25
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Spending money!!

Hi shaun, dont eat along the main seafront too much as just a couple of streets back you'll find restaurants with similar food for a cheaper price.Try the Turkish restaurants, the genuine ones are very cheap..The food is lovely and doesnt only include kebabs though they are good too.Dont know if you are familiar with Turkish cuisine?Kofte,Et Sote and dolmades are good solid dishes worth trying and not just because they are cheap.In addition there is a great value pizza restaurant up the Marina road called Bienvenuto Pizza which we love.

Why not visit one of the supermarkets in the morning and buy things that you could bring to the beach or whatever for a picnic.Fruit is unbelievably cheap and a few tomatoes, a bit of lettuce and that bacon another poster suggested bringing over with you taste surprisingly good on a roll when you're sat on the beach.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Spending money!!

Thankyou all so much for the useful information and tips :-) i shall look forward to it now..15 more sleeps :-)

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Spending money!!

fruit cheap,,,maybe at the markets ,,not the suppermarkes,,a lot more than it used to be,, not a lot of diff to the uk on some,,fruits,,

Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations