We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need information

1 post
Need information

Hi. I am staying at Gerome valley cave house for 1 day in cappadocia and my flight to Istanbul from kayseri is at 10am. Is it possible to manage hot air balloon ride the very same day?

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Need information

I am flying to Istanbul from Nevşehir at 7:35pm and our hotel told us we should take the shuttle at 5:15pm- just to give you an idea of how much time to allow (I think Nevşehir May be a little closer though).

It is now 8:15 am and I am out eating breakfast and can still see a handful of balloons in the sky. So I think it really depends on who you fly up with and the weather.

I think you might be pushing it, but you should probably check with the company you want to go with and/or your hotel.

A guy that works at the hotel I’m staying at is also a pilot and he generally seems to get back at around 9am.

Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Need information

Okay- I was wrong. The balloons still up are training pilots- and the pilot I mentioned, he’s back already. So maybe you would have time.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
8,064 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Need information

I think that would be really pushing it! Probably the only way it might be possible would be if you were to ask the balloon company whether they could arrange a private transfer straight from the balloon to the airport - no guarantees.

Reply to: Need information
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Goreme