We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter bus travel: Urgup to Antalya?

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Winter bus travel: Urgup to Antalya?

I am hoping to visit Cappadocia in the first week of January, arriving from Istanbul by plane. I would like to take an overnight bus, if possible, from Urgup to Antalya. Do the buses run regularly even in the winter between these areas? We are also considering flying but we would need to connect in Istanbul first.

Does anyone know of a website where I can see the winter bus schedule from Urgup to Antalya? Thanks for your help!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Winter bus travel: Urgup to Antalya?

http://www.metroturizm.com.tr/en/index.htm

however you cannot book tickets for about 1 month in advance ( or 1.5 months ) and you probably wont find a bus from urgrup but you will find on from nevsehir to antalya. take a smaller domus to nevsehir to urgrup.

here is a bus timetable for dec 29th..

29 Aralık 2011 Perşembe

650712 VAN-ANTALYA[CLASS] 03:00 11:00 TRAVEGO 46 50,00 TL

380703 KAYSERİ-ANTALYA-KEMER 10:45 20:30 TRAVEGO 46 50,00 TL

380707 KAYSERI-KONYA-ANTALYA 22:00 08:00 TRAVEGO 50,00 TL

600705 TOKAT-ANTALYA [CLASS] 22:30 07:30 TRAVEGO 46 50,00 TL

so try back in a few weeks but the times should be about the same

there is a bus from Nevsehir at 3am, 1045am and 10pm and 1030pm..

take the overnight buses as you will not only save time but a spending a night in a hotel. plus there is not much to see along the way so travelling at night is better for long haul destinations

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Winter bus travel: Urgup to Antalya?

Thanks for your help. This is great to know. Personally, would you chose to fly or take the bus in the winter? Would the schedule likely be the same on January 2nd? That is our intended day of travel. Thanks again!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Winter bus travel: Urgup to Antalya?

Hi kate;

to answer your questions;

1. IF I could fly direct I would (Nevsehir - Antalya ) or ( Kayseri - Antalya ) but as the regular flights between these two areas usually only are available during the spring-fall you might not get direct flights

2. ıf you take a non-direct flight you can still be spending up to more than 5 hours in transit.

3. check out pegasus airlines or Sunexpress for direct flights or Turkish airlines for non-drirect flights

4. as the dates that I came up with were dec 29th I would imagine that the times would be the same for jan 2th..try the website I added above in a couple of weeks

5. jan 2th ..I would pre-book my travel plans as they fall right after new years and flghts or travel could get booked up early

4. Re: Winter bus travel: Urgup to Antalya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about Cappadocia