We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December in Cappadocia?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
December in Cappadocia?

I noticed is low season in Cappadocia. Is it worth to visit in late december?

I am planning to fly from Istanbul to Kayseri. Arriving Kayseri around 6pm. What is the best way to get to Cappadocia? Any suggestion where to stay for 2 nights? Budget less than 45 Euro a night.

Cappadocia
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: December in Cappadocia?

Cappadocia can be visited throughout the year, December might be colder but thats it, you can do anything and everything one can do in June as well. It will be less travelled for sure but it can be an advantage as well. In December try to stay more central if you do not have a car or booked tours in advance for better logistics. From Kayseri to Urgup for example shuttles are running but advance booking is a must. Otherwise taxis are plenty.

Have fun and enjoy your short trip to Cappadocia,

Murat

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
2. Re: December in Cappadocia?

Hi Murat,

Thanks for your reply. When you mentioned to stay in central is there any suggestion on which hotel to stay?

What about car rental from Kayseri? Any suggestion on the company for car rental?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
3. Re: December in Cappadocia?

Thanks for your reply Murat.

Any suggestion on which central hotel to stay?

I am considering for car rental from Kayseri. Any suggestion?

I will be arriving 6pm to Kaysari not sure if it is better to rent from Capadocia instead of Kayseri?

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,805 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: December in Cappadocia?

Hi, could I just point out that "Cappadocia" is the name of the region. It is served by 2 airports - Kayseri and Nevsehir - the latter is nearer the heart of the region. Most travellers stay in Goreme (which would be my choice) or Urgup. If you go to the forums on TA for these places, click on the green "Hotels" box on the left hand side and you can read reviews of the loads of hotels that will be listed. Do not pay too much attention to the prices quoted though - they cannot be relied upon in any way at all! Best if you like the look/sound of a particular place, to then see if they have their own website - often their prices will be quoted there.

It will be cold in December - and you might well have snow as well. So I would find a place to stay that has heating in the rooms - send an email to enquire if not mentioned on the websites (although cave rooms tend to retain the heat in winter).

If you are flying in - and out - from Kayseri, then it would make sense to hire a car upon your arrival to get you to and from whatever town you decide to stay in. If you are not flying back out from the same airport, then it might be better to hire in the town you stay in as otherwise you would have to pay a charge for the car to be collected from whatever town you leave it in.

I hope you have a great trip - it is a most beautiful and fascinating part of Turkey!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
5. Re: December in Cappadocia?

thanks for your email. :)

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
85 reviews
6. Re: December in Cappadocia?

We had a wonderful few days in Cappadocia a few years ago, staying in Göreme in January.

There was snow all around which gave this unique landscape a surreal appearance. Spectacular, But as mentioned already, make sure your cave is heated!

7. Re: December in Cappadocia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 05:18