We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medina

Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
medina

Is the medina in sousse worth a visit. I've seen people say it's just as cheap to go to the fixed price shops but I'm after shoes and ceramics so would I be better off checking the medina and doing a bit haggling

Devon
Level Contributor
61 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: medina

Definitely take a trip to the Medina, take the noddy train or taxi both a few dinar, just go with an open mind and enjoy the experience, be prepared to barter for at least 50% of first price.look in a fixed price shop first to get an idea of prices.

cambridge
Level Contributor
595 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: medina

There is a whole area/road in Sousse nick named Shoe Alley Shoe shops both side of the road, ask anyone in Sousse or if travelling by taxi ask driver to drop you off, not far from the Medina easy walking distance.

Level Contributor
153 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: medina

Shoe Alley thats made my day haha. We are taking our 8 year old and I was just concerned as I've heard it can be incredibly busy

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: medina

Hi, the official name of the shoe street is Avenue Habib Bourghiba. The main street between the sea and the medina. Also in side street are some shoe shops.

So for womans shoes it is not necessary to go in medina.

The medina can be very crowded and sometimes shopkeepers can be bit annoying, but on the other hand also a nice experience in case you can get passed the first 200 meter of clothes, leather and sneaker places...

In case you don't like it, in Port El Kantaoui they sell nearly the same stuff

5. Re: medina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2016, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations