We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks containing water

7 posts
Drinks containing water

Hi all,

Travelling to Magic Life Africana next Friday, really excited. However, a friend who travelled a few years ago mentioned about the water.

I plan on only drinking bottled water. But as I am All Inclusive at the hotel, is it safe to drink the drinks from tap, beer and cocktails? My doctor said I didn’t need to have the Typhoid injection that’s why I am a bit worried.

Thankyou for your help!

4 replies to this topic
Redruth
Level Contributor
379 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Drinks containing water

There is nothing wrong with the tap water - it just has a high mineral content so can have an adverse effect on your constitution but it is fine for cleaning teeth, washing in.

Beer, cocktails etc will be ok - just check that the ice is not from the tap water, but even if it is it is a small amount.

Typhoid? - if you drink from muddy puddles, ponds or streams then it may be a risk lol

Bottom line - your Doctor's advice is the one to believe.

Have a great time.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 12:15
thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
87 reviews
2. Re: Drinks containing water

Most quality hotels will use mineral water for food and drinks, that will include ice and washing of fruit and salads, if in doubt ask the bar staff,

Tap water is ok for oral hygiene as stated above but it is highly chlorinated,

alan

7 posts
3. Re: Drinks containing water

Thankyou for your replies! Has put my mind at ease a bit now. Less than 6 days to go, hopefully I’ll have some nice weather.

Thanks again!

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
87 reviews
4. Re: Drinks containing water

Tammy,

you will love it and the weather will be getting hotter,

alan

Reply to: Drinks containing water