We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Tickets, Book in Advance?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
113 reviews
Ferry Tickets, Book in Advance?

I know you can buy ferry tickets from travel agents in town, I just want to know if showing up from the airport and trying to get ferry tickets for 7 people in February to Koh Lanta is doable without them selling out.

I've taken ferries in the Philippines before and tickets were recommended in advance as it can get booked up quickly or crowded. So I am just wondering if I have to plan everything down to the t, or just show up and get ferry tickets the same day and it's doable.

Thank you!

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
1 review
1. Re: Ferry Tickets, Book in Advance?

You can just show up and buy ferry tickets. In these days all the ferries are commonly overloaded far beyond the legal limit and therefore a safety hazard. Going to Lanta with 7 pax. you better book a minivan at the airport and safe much time. Subject to the final destination you pay THB 2500-3000 for a minivan.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
113 reviews
2. Re: Ferry Tickets, Book in Advance?

So does booking the minivan at the airport include going onto the ferry? I have just never been there so I am not sure.

Thank you for your help providing the price of the mini van. That should be enough for all of us?

3. Re: Ferry Tickets, Book in Advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 07:16