We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable taxi operator

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable taxi operator

Hello,

My husband and I will be flying to BKK in another 4 days and then head off to Hua Hin. I have been reading about Mrs. Na and Mr. Roong quite a bit but prefer to go with a company if possible.

I have tried to find reviews on Hua Hin Taxi Service:

http://www.huahintaxiservice.com/

and Hua Hin TaxiAirport:

http://www.huahintaxiairport.com/

but don't seem to see any. Has anyone used any of these operators? Would appreciate the advice.

Thank you.

KY

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable taxi operator

I have absolutely no affiliation with either Mrs. Na or Mr. Roong but any particular reason why you wouldn't use them, to the best of my knowledge certainly Mr. Roong has a company as I drive past his office on my way into town every day, and not all companies do have websites by any means even some very large companies that I have tried to get info from before purchasing their products or services.

As to the companies you name I have no info on them at all nor even heard of them which doesn't make them any better or worse than the two former ones.

Manchester
Level Contributor
532 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable taxi operator

http://taxihuahinservice.com/index.php

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297922-i9453-k4…

Mr Eak nice cars,very reliable ,emails and gives you his mobile.We have used him for 5 years now.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
14,357 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable taxi operator

If there are lots of reviews on here for Mr Roong and Mrs Na why aren't you using them?

We used Mr Roong to get from Bangkok to Hua Hin and then back to Bangkok airport. Was prompt, polite and we had no problems using him. If we return would not hesitate to use him again.

singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable taxi operator

Hello again,

Thank you for your replies. ManchesterBuster, appreciate Mr. Eak's contact.

I usually rely a lot on reviews and I had decided to go with Mr. Roong. However, while I came across good reviews, I came across a fair number of reviews where people had bad experiences with drivers sent by Mr. Roong since he doesn't drive about a lot these days, (again as per reviews), and I wasn't too comfortable with that. I have had a major accident in the past and somehow am just a bit paranoid about going with anyone else besides Mr. Roong which is why I preferred getting reviews on companies besides Mr. Roong and Mrs. Na. No offense meant.

Thank you once again.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable taxi operator

You have choices, in the end it is up to you.

If you want another alternative you could try

orientalescape.com/thailand/…huahin.html

B 2,650 - 3,100 depending on vehicle.

Up to you in the end

singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable taxi operator

Thanks Monica..

Kent
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliable taxi operator

Hi, Can't comment on the others but I've used Oriental Escapes. Last time was just in February for transfers to and from Bangkok Airport and Hua Hin. Had different drivers each time and they've all been really steady and very safe drivers. Always on time and meet you at arrivals.

Would recommend if you're a nervous traveller.

Have a great trip.

singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reliable taxi operator

Dear MGBAMB,

I am nervous traveller where driving is concerned so do appreciate the advice. Have sent them my booking, thank you.

KY

manchester uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reliable taxi operator

I used Mr Roong several days ago for transfers from Bangkok airport to Hua Hin .

His driver Chang was waiting for us at the airport , he stopped several times during the 2 1/2 hour journey for water , toilet and smoke breaks , very spacious and new Toyota , I would recommend .

Oh and the fare was 2000 bhat plus a well earned tip .

Lanark
Level Contributor
98 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reliable taxi operator

Have used Ms Na 3 times now. Her service and cars are exceptional. 3600 bhats return. Never encountered the slightest of problems. I would highly recommend her.