We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel hua hin

st ives cornwall uk
Level Contributor
148 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Sofitel hua hin

Hi, could anyone tell me if you get sun beds or just chairs on the balcony of the bedrooms, we have a club room booked.

Any other info about the rooms would also be great, and are all the pool villas overlooked by the hilton ??

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofitel hua hin

Hi chrisebabes,

There are chairs and a table on the balcony. I can't remember if the pool access rooms had a lounger or not. The garden pool is not overlooked, it is nice and quiet and private we thought, the main pool is right near the beach basically a few steps from the beach path, and is not overlooked by the Hilton. Only a few of the private villas are overlooked by the hilton according to some reports. The club rooms I would imagine are deluxe rooms with club benefits. Nice, clean comfortable furnishings, comfy beds and quite a good size room. The breakfasts are awesome. We totally enjoyed our stay at the Sofitel. Cheers, Sue

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofitel hua hin

We stayed last June '08, and had a deluxe room up on the top floor of the main building, we had a very large balcony (terrace) and also 2 loungers with a table, it was lovely to sit out there at night.

st ives cornwall uk
Level Contributor
148 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofitel hua hin

Hi, Thanks for the tips great help.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofitel hua hin

When you arrive ask about upgrading to a private villa. We did this and for an extra £52 per night got a villa with its own pool and other associated perks eg, newspaper, laundry done, cocktails and nibbles from (I think) midday until evening. The perks outweighed the extra cost. The villa was absolutely fabulous. The Sofitel in general is a wonderful hotel, beautifully situated by the beach and close to the centre of town. Could not recommend it enough. Heaven on earth.

st ives cornwall uk
Level Contributor
148 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sofitel hua hin

Hi Daisy, Thanks for the info , we have a club room booked already so it will be worth asking what an upgrade will cost.

Is there any views from the villas ?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sofitel hua hin

The villa we were in didn't really offer any views as such. It didn't offer a view as if you would be staying in the actual hotel on the first floor, but with the option of our own pool that was the only view that I really wanted. There are several different designs of villas scattered around the gardens so some may offer a better view than others. Initially we stayed in a small one then upgraded to a large one which was absolutely fabulous. The double bed was wide enough to sleep 4 people. The bathroom had a bath in the middle of the floor with a separate shower cubicle and was very spacious. It had a separate walk in wardrobe area and a lounge that you accessed from outside (therefore not connected to the area containing the bedroom and bathroom). There was also a shower cubicle opposite the lounge area and tea and coffee making facilities. Laundry was collected during the day and returned later in the evening (a godsend). Cocktails were included in the upgrade (including wine) which we felt outweighed the extra cost. I can honestly say it was the best place we have ever stayed in. Take a look at some of the photos I posted. The Sofitel is outstanding.

st ives cornwall uk
Level Contributor
148 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sofitel hua hin

Hi daisy, Thanks for the great info, we are there for 10 days in March counting the days.... I will ask for a villa upgrade they sound fantastic.

8. Re: Sofitel hua hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 05:17