We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jelly Fish

Brit in London
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Jelly Fish

We were in Hua Hin in 1993 and loved it. The big big problem was we couldn't swim in the sea because of Jelly fish.

We want to go back this winter.. DOES anyone please know what month the sea is free of them. We know like Pattaya,and B.K. etc it has changed... Good or bad.

Terry Moulton

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
1. Re: Jelly Fish

Hi, 1993 - 2010 is a bit of a gap, you will find a great many changes, we came 20 years ago, loved it came more and more often and now live here.

But jellyfish, as I understand it the warmer the water the more likely they are to be found but as at this time of the year the water is cooler (my pool certainly is) they will certainly be fewer if at all so I'd say Nov - March is probably the best time to avoid them. I also think that at the moment the winds are blowing west to east which also helps to keep them well away from the shore

But even on our holiday visits we always entered the sea no matter what time of year and generally found them not to be too much of a problem, its not as if they chase you so unless swimming in to one or you swim with eyes closed and don't spot them I'd still go into the sea and enjoy it.

2. Re: Jelly Fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2010, 05:17