We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surat Thani to Donsak

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Surat Thani to Donsak

Just been back from Samui and perhaps share the experience. There is no fuss going from Surat Thani to Donsak and taking a most enjoyable ferry across. First, there are enough counters at the airport that will arrange for you a smooth ride over to samui. The journey is approximately 1.5 hours ferry and 1.5 hours bus ride. Everything can be arranged at the airport and needs no prior overpriced online booking. Return from Samui to catch a flight is easy too. I caught my 1pm flight and have ample time to grab a bite at the airport before taking off.

At Samui, plenty of travel companies to arrange for you to get back to Surat Thani to catch you flight. Cheaper than if you organize a return ticket from Surat Thani (50-70 baht less). Phantip Travel charges 550 Baht per trip/1100 baht return.

However, please do not throw away any ticket stubs, loose receipts etc - the drivers will take advantage of the opportunity to extort some money even if you lose a useless ticket stub. The journey from Samui ferry terminal to Chaweng/Lamai depends on the jams (there are!). But generally Samui residents are nice people, FAR nicer than some tourists.

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
415 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surat Thani to Donsak

I did the same a couple of weeks ago also, the only problem of getting to Donsak pier from Surat thani airport is if your plane arrives late in the afternoon my KL Airasia flight arrived at closer to 5pm than the 430om schedule. as you said don't buy tickets online as I had a problem with mine which I bought on the phantip website although they let me on at the end. The mini van driver had to speed to make the seatran ferry.

Good advice ABchan. Next time I will try and get a direct flight to Koh Samui its alot of time to do the bus/ferry transfer although a good experience looking back.

2. Re: Surat Thani to Donsak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2016, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Surat Thani