We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way 2 get from train station, Surat Thani to Ko Phangan

Prathai, Thailand
3 posts
Save Topic
Best way 2 get from train station, Surat Thani to Ko Phangan

Hey all,

I found something on here but it is pretty old. Here is my situation. Having a friend pick up our train tickets from BKK for us so we aren't going through an agency. Train is slated to get in at 4:45, it is doubtful it does. But my question is, from the train station to Ko Samui (not Ko Phangan like orginally stated sorry!) how do I get there and can I get there that night? Any feedback would be great. thanks team.

Edited: 12 July 2015, 11:31
Mentioned in this post
Ko Samui
Ko Samui
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way 2 get from train station, Surat Thani to Ko Phangan

You are sure the arrival time from your train is 04.45? Then there is not much of a problem. If the arrival time is 16.45 you will not make it.

Good trip!

Prathai, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way 2 get from train station, Surat Thani to Ko Phangan

16:45, still stuck in saying in the way from back home. 4:45 pm

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way 2 get from train station, Surat Thani to Ko Phangan

I should not try to reach Koh Samui, although the slow ferries, Raja and Seatrans, normal wise continue sailing till there are no, or not enough passengers left. They do this till far after normal latest departure time. Problem is you do not know before arriving at Don Sak if they still depart.

I should book a hotel in Surat-Thani, and join the delicious food what is available there. Many hotels, (avoid Diamond Plaza, much to expansive) and travel the next day to Koh Samui.

Have a good trip!

P.S. about stating the time, I learned that with every nr. you give you must state the unit. Giving a length, state, M, CM, or MM. Give a time write at least PM, or AM, but using the 24 hour system is much better....

Mentioned in this post
Diamond Plaza
Diamond Plaza
96 Reviews
Surat Thani, Thailand
Prathai, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way 2 get from train station, Surat Thani to Ko Phangan

Awesome, thank you so much for the feedback. Very helpful!

5. Re: Best way 2 get from train station, Surat Thani to Ko Phangan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2016, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Surat Thani
;