We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this cab price reasonable?

Which Taichung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is this cab price reasonable?

Hi!

1) Is it necessary to have a cab to bring you around Cingjing to visit places like Little Swiss, Green green grassland & old England manor for a day?

2) I was quoted 14000NT for the following itinerary for 5 pax and I'm not sure if the price is reasonable though I find it a bit expensive.

Day 1: Taichung THSR>Hotel

Day 2: Taichung>Sun Moon Lake>Puli>Cingjing (overnight here)

Day 3: Green green grassland, Carton King, Old England, Little Swiss

Day 4: Cingjing>Taichung THSR station

The price will includes the driver's accommodation, 3 meals, car park fees etc.

Thanks.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 05:18
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this cab price reasonable?

Ask for another Quote, I engaged Mr Xie ZhiMing for my Taichung trip & He is cheaper:

谢志明 Contact @ post# 16 below:

tripadvisor.com.sg/…45759639

I would suggest U tell Mr Xie Where U want to go (Preferable in Chinese) Let him arrange. Cos Ur plan above have atleast 1 back tracking.

===> day 2 CingJing & Day 4 CingJing to Taichung HSR???

===> Carton King is rather near to Taichung already. (Maybe this Day 4).

Look at the Map & see where each point is, if U rather prefer the way U had it above.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 08:34
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this cab price reasonable?

There is a Carton King outlet at the front entrance to Little Swiss Garden in Cingjing.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this cab price reasonable?

You can easily flag down a cab at THSR station. There is no need to book a cab in advance on day 1. It costs around 250NT to fengjia area.

Since you are already at Taichung, perhaps you wanna consider touring around? Many places of interests and night markets.

What is the car size you are checking on? Toyota wish is cheaper than a 9seater? if you decide on a wish, you will have to travel light.

Happy travelling!

4. Re: Is this cab price reasonable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 05:16