We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KTX - Incheon to Busan

Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
KTX - Incheon to Busan

Hello, i will be reaching Incheon on 29 Mar 6am+ via Asiana and decide to take the KTX to Busan directly from airport.

I tried searching on letskorail.com but encounter the following issue:

a) there is 2 selection "Incheon T1" and "Incheon T2" (i am not sure which to choose)

b) i keep getting some message even though i selected either T1 or T2 (WRD000059EN

WRD000059EN)

Should i get one-time ticket ?

Or should i get the Korail Pass (2 days use) ?

Our travelling date is 29 Mar - 7 Apr (9 days)

Anyone can give me advise ?

Thank you very much !

Ethan

32 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
228 posts
244 reviews
1. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

There is an earlier thread in the forum on the same topic. Seems that that system is kind of suspended because of the Winter Olympics. There are also long distance buses running between Incheon Airport and Busan. Details can be found on airport website. Regarding the rail pass, it really depends on your itinerary for your 9-day visit, how many days on the road, if express bus is a more convenient option, and so on.

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

If you are taking ktx to and fro Busan and Seoul it will definitely be more economical to buy a two days (flexi) korail pass

Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

Thanks for the replies !

Yes we will be taking KTX from Incheon to Busan (on 1st day).

Follow with KTX from Busan to Seoul somewhere on the 5th day.

Buses seems to be another alternative but its the long hours that is holding me back.

I will browse through the 2 days flexi pass again shortly.

Thank you all once again.

9 posts
4. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

Hi Ethan, can I check if you manage to buy the KTX tickets from Seoul to Busan? Cos the website still don't allow us to reserve online.

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

If you arrive at 6 AM, that is a busy time for immigration as all of the flights from SE Asia arrive around that time. You can wait a while at immigration. So, you may miss the KTX train from Incheon Airport anyway.

Don't worry. Even though there is a website error.

You can take the AREX Train (All Stop OR Express Train - diffference is price and seating style. All Stop is like subway, Express is reserved seat, only 10 minutes difference)

to Seoul Station

From Seoul Station, there are trains leaving for Busan every 20 minutes. You can easily walk up and get a ticket.

Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

Hi Cheryl, i just tried and the website still shows the same error message.

I am planning to get the Korail Flexi Pass.

Pricing seems cheaper compare to purchasing 2 separate KTX tickets.

Cheers.

Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

Hi Michael, thanks for your info and recommendations.

Our flight lands around 0610hrs on a Thursday (should there be no terrible delays).

Do you think we will be able to catch the 0900hrs KTX (ICN - Busan) ?

Do we need to exchange for the tickets and check-in 60min in advance ?

We are a little reluctant to take AREX in the morning because we are bringing 2 x big luggages and i read somewhere before that there might be space contraints ?

Best regards.

Ethan

9 posts
8. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

Hi Ethan, thanks for the reply. Will you be getting the tickets at Seoul station when you are in Korea? Think Korail flexi pass is out for me cos I'll be travelling to Busan from Seoul and taking plane from Busan to Jeju thereafter. Shld be buying single one way ticket :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

Hi Cheryl, i will most likely be getting the 2 days flexi pass.

Day 1: Incheon Airport to Busan

Day 5: Busan to Seoul station

Trying to keep travelling as simple as possible.

Cheers.

9 posts
10. Re: KTX - Incheon to Busan

Hi Ethan, you are getting the Korail pass online or at the Seoul station counter when you reach Korea?

Reply to: KTX - Incheon to Busan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted