We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
22 reviews
Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

Will arrive Seoul ICN airport early morning March 23 and intend to take KTX train to Busan right away. Was in Seoul last year for 5 days, Not decided if stay in Busan for 2 nights or 3 nights, ( early train to Busan and late train back to Seoul for international flight home on March 27.)

Would like to stay 1 day in Seoul before heading home , .( or 2 days , depending how long we stay in Busan)

Places I like to see in Busan :

- Gwangandaegyo Bridge at night,

-Beomeosa Temple or Haedong Yonggung Temple ( one only ,pls help choose)

-BIFF / PIFF( cinema complex- evening )

-Jagalchi Market and /or Gijang Crab Market (m love seafood .esp. .king crab)

-Do not want to shop but does not mind Lotte Dept. store for the view and food

- a day trip to Gyeongju ( please help with itinerary here- Bulguksa Temple,Anapji pond and park.

( wondering if we see BUlguksa Temple here ,then we skip the other temple in Busan)

Please suggest which sights are for Day 1 and which for Day 2 etc.in terms of convenience of travel and directions. Thank you.

8 replies to this topic
Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

International Market, Fish Market, Lotte, Cinema Square are all in the same area.

For Gyeongju, definitely stay over night. It takes time to get to Bulguksa and the Grotto from downtown Gyeongju area and you won't be as rushed.

canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

Thank you very much. We may not go to Gyeongju after all.

Is the building with special architectural design where the BIFF is held in Cinema Square? If not, can I do it together on the same day that I do the fish market?

If I have to do one temple, which one--Beomeosa Temple or Haedong Yonggung Temple ?

Should I stay near KTX train station or near Seomyeon?

Thx for help again.

Maine
Level Contributor
399 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

The attractions in busan divided into two area the right side of ktx near haeundae beach and the left side near the jagalchi & biff area. 3 nights will be better because during my visit i don't think 2 nights are enough for me. You can stay anywhere as they have good public transportion and taxi is not very expensive in busan. We stay near Haeundae Beach. You can check my two nights trip here …blogspot.com/2015/…

For the temple, i suggest Haedong Yonggungsa Temple. Two places i would recommend you to visit are gamcheon cultural village and tae jong dae.

canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

Thank you everyone who gave me input in my planning. much appreciated.

By the way, do I have to pre book my KTX tickets online as I arrive Seoul (international travel) at 6:30 a.m. in the morning.on a Friday March 23

2 options that I do not know which is better-

1- go directly from ICN to Busan by KTX ( flight delays, immigration etc so actual arrival time to KTX station unpredictable. If I buy tickets ahead, not sure which time slot I should get the ticket for.

2. stay in Seoul for a night and then go early on Sat. to Busan . Will Saturday be packed with travellers that it is not easy to get on train?

Which option is better? I will have to go back to Seoul for my evening flight home to the US on March 27.

Lots of questions but again, appreciate help . Any chance of seeing cherry blossoms during my stay?

5. Re: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2017, 12:49

6. Re: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2018, 12:23

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
7. Re: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

How much is KTX price tic if we are planning to stay 3/2 nights. Can we make reservation on the date we want?

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help

KTX price always same - around 60,000W one way. Make reservation at letskorail.com 30 days before your departure.

Reply to: Busan in March 2018- itinerary help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted