We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

Thinking about going ti Safed with elderly aunt, looking for accommodation, has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel ? Or can recommend anywhere else in that sort of price range/category?

Thanks in anticipation

7 replies to this topic
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
5,298 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

Look at the reviews section on Tripadvisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

Thanks avigail

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

I stayed there once many years ago. If you are travelling with an elderly person Tzfat in general is difficult if there are mobility issues. The hotel itself does have a lift, but I do recall there be many steps as well especially in the lobby. In terms of features after just taking a glance at their website and pictures, it doesnt appear to have been renovated in the 10-15 years since I have been there, but it is centrally located with a good breakfast and a lovely pool if you are there during the summer.

You might want to look into places like Hagoshrim or Kfar Blum just a little bit to the north.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
157 reviews
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

I have stayed at the Ruth Rimonim hotel. I did like that property. It has plenty of "Tzfat ambience.". However, I do NOT recommend staying in Tzfat for elderly people, especially if one has mobility challenges. Walking in Tzfat is difficult, due to the mountainous terrain. Furthermore, Tzfat is a terrible base to use for touring the rest of the Galilee region. If you stay in Ruth Rimonim, I'd limit that stay to one or two nights at most, just to soak in the Tzfat atmosphere. Use another location in Galilee (preferably one of the kibbutz hotels) as a base for touring the rest of the northern region and use a car to get around.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
150 posts
264 reviews
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

I stayed there, it's an old Ottoman military base and is full of charm. I really liked it. The only issue was the staff, who did not care much about customers; I think that the hotel was bought by a big hotel chain and they have little interest in doing a cozy atmosphere. I would stay there again though. Double check with the hotel but I think they do have some rooms which are easily accessible.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,622 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

allega - you are answering old posts today. These OPs have left Israel already.

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,977 posts
322 reviews
7. Re: Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed

Have stayed there several times. It's a lovely hotel but requires walking up and down steps or up and down a steep hill. There are a number of small boutique hotels but accessibility will always be via cobblestones and steps/steep hill(even if short). If this is not a problem I would go for Ruth Rimonim in the older rooms(not the newer building).

Chana

Israel

Reply to: Has anyone stayed at Ruth Rimonim Hotel in Safed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted