We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport to and from haifa to safed on a thursday

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
transport to and from haifa to safed on a thursday

how do i get to safed and back to haifa on a thursday? or

can i travel from tel aviv to safed on wednesday and that evning go to haifa?

5 replies to this topic
Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,167 posts
322 reviews
1. Re: transport to and from haifa to safed on a thursday

Take the bus. Shufaluff, the Israel Forum transportation expert will come along sometime soon today and let you know exactly how to get get there by bus from Haifa and back again. If you are going this coming Thursday, than the only option is by taxi as there is no public transportation this Thursday due to the holiday of Sukkot.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,828 posts
2. Re: transport to and from haifa to safed on a thursday

This Wednesday evening and Thursday and the same again next week (October 4-5 and 11-12) there will be no buses because of religious holidays.

On any other Wednesday-Thursday, it's easy. There are buses (route 361, operated by Netiv Express) from the Lev Hamifratz bus terminal in Haifa (on the northeastern edge of the city) to Safed every 20-40 minutes. Journey time one way is 98 minutes.

Since bus timetables are online for the next seven days only, updated daily, if you look now for Wed/Thur, what you will see is for the holiday and therefore not representative of a normal week. If you want to see a normal weekday look at Tuesday (it will be the same). www.bus.co.il.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: transport to and from haifa to safed on a thursday

thanks for that

i will be travelling from safed to haifa on thursday oct 19

you've explained why i couldn't see a timetable

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,828 posts
4. Re: transport to and from haifa to safed on a thursday

Yup. Thursday October 19 is a normal day. The buses are frequent enough for you to just turn up and get on the next one.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
328 reviews
5. Re: transport to and from haifa to safed on a thursday

Use the schedule of Oct 3rd to get the full list of buses on Oct 19th https://www.bus.co.il/otobusimmvc?Language=en

Reply to: transport to and from haifa to safed on a thursday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted