We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

Dear,

I am going to Israel with my senior Mom. For three nights we are booked to Safed. Our priority was to see cities around, but after reading about Hula valley park and Agamon Hahula instead cities we want make one day trip to nature spot. After searching web sites, I am not sure if there is any way to get from Safed to :1)the best to Hula or Agamon,2) or any other nature around.

Since advanced age of my Mom we rather can slowly walk around then hike.

Can you please advice me how to organize such a 1 day trip from Safed, we do not plan rent a car.

Thank you in advance

Karolina

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
1. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

sorry, for misspelling in tittle

Karolina

2. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2017, 07:00
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,495 posts
232 reviews
3. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

Israelroadtrip, did you read the original message? Hitchhike or walk a few miles with an elderly mother? Really?

Either hire a driver/cab to talk you all the way to the Hula (where you can take tours in big viewing stands pulled by taxis, so not a lot of walking there) or rent a car and drive, which is not hard.

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
41,137 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

Douglas--Israelroadtrip did say the BEST option is a cab. They then mentioned the other alternative. It is always good, IMO, to mention alternatives, so that someone else reading the thread ( from the title) without the same constrictions will also have answers.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

Before getting there you should consider what you want to see there…

When do you plan the visit?

The main reason people come to the Hula Valley is to see the birds migration. One of the main attraction there is the huge number of cranes that park there for the winter by the tens of thousands. However exactly this week the migration back to Europe had started and by 2 weeks they will all be gone…

It is complicated to get to the site with public transportation, as mentioned here it is off the main road. Also, take into consideration that with your elderly mom, your only way to see something there will be by renting a golf cart and that add to the cost.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
328 reviews
6. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

I would ask for transportation arrangement at the accommodation you stay with

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,182 posts
322 reviews
7. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

The Agamon is a lovely site all year round. You do not say when you are coming but there are migratory birds there all year round with the Gray Cranes spectacular migration from end of March till start of May. But this is early morning and late afternoon. I agree that taking a taxi is your best bet. One splurge is worth it. Once there you will be riding around with short walks (100 meters at most) where there are birders there to show you with a telescope/binoculars the birds in the park. Very interesting and a pleasant visit. The park entrance is free, but you need to donate 5 shekels (I think) to feed the birds and rent the vehicle you choose to get around in. Note that it is nearly impossible, and very boring to walk around the 8 km of paths.

Chana

Israel

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
8. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

Thank you for beeing kind to answer my questions. We actually leaving very soon for Israel, and in mid of March we will stay in Safed.

Is there any taxi company you will recommend. In Safed we are booked into rather rooms then hotel, so I do not expect receptions there.

By the way from bus station to Arlozorof street, is any public transporation, to walk or better take a taxi?

We have never been to Israel before, so even if we do not see as much as we want we are very exited just to be in the place.

I will be happy to reas your answer to my questions regarding public transportation -

I was a little bit surprise to find out that from Jerusalem to Safed on Sunday we have 2 direct buses during day, and later from Safed to Tel Aviv the best way is to Acco then by train. Can you please, write few details about this change in Acco, Is it far away from bus station to Railway Station? Are we bying train ticket on board or at station etc.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
9. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

Buses from Jerusalem to Safed/Tzfat do not start at the central bus station. They make a big circuit all round the northern part of Jerusalem and are very likely to be full by the time they get to the closest stop to the bus station. It is more convenient to take a bus to Tiberias (from the central bus station) and change there for a bus to Safed. You can see all the timetables at https://www.bus.co.il/otobusimmvc/…

You buy your bus tickets on the bus, shekels cash only (the driver can give change).

The bus station in Akko is very near the railway station. You buy your train tickets in the ticket window (or from a machine) in the station.

Depending where in Arlozoroff Street, it looks to be about 700 meters from the bus station. There doesn't seem to be a bus stop very close to Arlozoroff Street. Take a taxi.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
10. Re: Safet to Hula valley park public transportation?

I just figured out that we will travel from Jerusalem to Safed on 12, so in middle of Purim. Someone told us different dates before. Are we in big trouble, do you think public transport will run on 12 march.