We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

Short Hills, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

Hi,

Anyone can recommend a very knowledgeable / fun / interesting tour guide to Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves. Also, perhaps Akko - if not we will do this on our own. We will have a car.

Thanks,

Michael

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,177 posts
322 reviews
1. Re: Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

Where will you be staying? It will be easier to recommend someone on the way to these sites or where you are staying.

Regarding Pekiin 'caves'. Not so much caves but rather the traditional spot of the Rashbi cave.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

There are many tour guides who post on this forum. Oreets, Chana ( who responded above) Davetheguide and Motibit. There are also a large number of other recommended guides. Read this guide I put together on finding a tour guide. It includes a "how to find a guide" and the thread is full of the names of guides.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29397…

Short Hills, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

Chana, we will be staying in Yavne, but we will have a car to drive to Tzvat. Regarding Pekiin - I am interested in the spot where Rav Shimon Bar Yochai was with his son.

Short Hills, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

Also, my wife and I are members of the Kabbalah center in NY. We did all levels 1, 2 & 3 and now taking Zohar. So Kabbalah knowledgeable guide would be even better!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

Michael, reach out to guides as per my post. Your questions in #4 are the questions you ask in your initial,email and then follow up with during the interview.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

Contact Galilee guide Richard Woolf. Woolfr@netvison.net.il if he isn't available he might be able to recommend an appropriate person for you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
19,634 posts
116 reviews
7. Re: Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

Since you state that you will be staying in Yavne, which is quite a distance from Tsfat etc. you may also want to consider hiring a guide who lives closer to where you will start the day, or along the way. That way you can pick the guide up as you start driving and benefit from more guiding along the drive.

8. Re: Tour guide needed for Tzvat, Meron, Pekiin caves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2018, 14:18