We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

york pa
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

I am trying to get bus information to travel from Safed to Jerusalem. I saw the recommendation to take the Egged Bus #982. When I went on the Egged site today to learn the times the bus would depart the site said, "Egged doesn't reach Tsfat". I will be traveling next month and would like assistance for planning my trip from Safed to Jerusalem via public transportation. Many thanks!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,837 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

Welcome to the Israel forum.

Not sure who told you to take Egged #982. Egged is no longer the only bus company in Israel. --AND it hasn't been for years. Egged, DOES go to Tsfat BUT you have to change.

However, there is a another site that shows you ALL the buses, regardless of company. Here are the results of my search.

http://tinyurl.com/hrkewts

and this is the home page of the site

https://www.bus.co.il/otobusimmvc/…

york pa
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

Thank you! I can't understand your personal search because it is in Hebrew, but I was able to use the other website easily. I didn't realize Nateev Express 982 is a different bus company than Egged. So its seems simple - use the Nateev Express 982 from the Safet Bus/train station to Jerusalem.

Once again thanks so much for your help and quick response!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,837 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

You are welcome. AND thank you for saying my search was in Hebrew--it actually WAS in English, but I just followed the link and it was Hebrew. I don't know why it flipped, but your comment will let me know to tell people that when it comes up in Hebrew, there is a little English button on the upper left!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,508 posts
4. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

<< So its seems simple - use the Nateev Express 982 from the Safet Bus/train station to Jerusalem.>>

Just to clarify: no trains in Safed/Tzfat!

And note that the 982 doesn't go into the Jerusalem central bus station. It will let you off at the Jerusalem International Conference Centre (Binyenei Ha'uma), a few minutes' walk from the cbs. This is not the last stop; the bus continues to the northern neighbourhoods of Jerusalem. Of course it depends on where in Jerusalem you want to go, but if it's not the haredi (ultra-Orthodox) areas, none of those stops after the conference centre will be more convenient for you.

Check the bus times before you go; they are not very frequent.

It's many years since Egged was the only company providing intercity bus services. Much of the country is not served by Egged at all.

york pa
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

Thank you to everyone for their assistance! I was confused about the bus stop in Jerusalem, so thank you for that tip.

One more question - Does this seem correct to go from Tel Aviv to Safed

New Central Bus Station take train to Akko(ACRE) leaves q30minutes takes 90minutes

Akko take Bus to Safed runs q30 minutes -Nateeeve Express Bus #361, 501 takes 90 min

Many thanks!

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

Yes that is correct. If you punch in your request on Google Maps it gives that option via Akko as well as via Nahariya (one stop further on the train), and then bus# 367. The bus station in Nahariya is a little closer to the train than the connection in Akko.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,508 posts
7. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

Google Maps isn't always reliable for public transport information. Use the first link in rdglady's post 1 above.

york pa
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
8. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

Many thanks to all of you!

9. Re: Bus from Safed to Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2018, 21:15