We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manado in December

Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Manado in December

Hi there,

Plan to visit Manado during the Christmas week this year.

Will it be raining most of the time? and is snorkeling and island hopping still possible?

I'm worried abt the weather as I am bringing with me four (4) three children which includes a toddler.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!

Manado, Indonesia
Level Contributor
12 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manado in December

Hi, Generally this is the rainy season in North Sulawesi. However, this year we didn't have rain for 4 months because of El Nino, at present we have sunny mornings with rain in the afternoon. Depending on the resort you choose a bit of rain shouldn't hurt. Snorkeling or diving will still be great it could however get a bit dreary for Tangkoko Nature Reserve or the Volcano Trekking. Hope this helps!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manado in December

Hi Suzanna, well the weather is always unpredictable but agreed with Jeremy it's quite dry this year in Manado, North Sulawesi during this period. I am having vacation in Manado now and it's like 1 day raining and then 4 days dry. Most of the time it rained in the afternoon and it didn't take long. Don't think it will bother much. Hope it helps !

3. Re: Manado in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2017, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Manado