We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

departure tax

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
departure tax

can someone please tell me what the arrival/ departure tax is for Manado Indonesia

we are flying on Silkair to/from Singapore. Also which currency do we pay it in?

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: departure tax

Hello,

Departure tax from Manado is Rp 100.000 for international flights and Rp 30,000 for domestic flights. Make sure you have this amount in Rupiahs as the departure tax must be paid at the airport before you proceed to the departures area. Cash, no cards.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: departure tax

I realize this post is old, but I want to put an update out there. I departed in August 2015 and the international departure tax was part of my airfare. I had the cash on hand that I thought it might be 150,000 rp (they just say "150" when referring to costs). But, I wanted to confirm that. I asked Information once I was in near the gates and they told me it was part of my ticket price without even looking at my ticket. . . . I was with a local for an in-country flight in July 2015. I am not certain, but I do believe we had to pay an in-country departure tax. I saw him give someone money when they checked out ID after the airlines check-in process.

Edited: 07 August 2015, 21:19
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: departure tax

Splashes321, hi

The info in the post # 1 is of Aug 2014. Since 9th Feb 2015, all departure tax for travel in Indonesia ( domestic and international) is included ( already) into your ticket price. If you ( or anyone) booked air tickets prior to this date for travel later in the year - yes, you still have to pay the departure tax, either in the airport or on-line 24-36 hours prior to departure via electronic check-in.

4. Re: departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2017, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Manado