We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorike rental

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
119 posts
69 reviews
Motorike rental

Hi,

I'm going to go to Manado this coming month.

I would like to rent motorcycle while i am there.

But i heard it's hard to find motorbike rental in Manado.

Does anyone has any info where i can find one?

Thanks

1. Re: Motorike rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 11:05
Edited: 31 January 2014, 11:05
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
118 reviews
2. Re: Motorike rental

post # 1 - spam

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
334 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: Motorike rental

Did you have any luck finding a motor-bike to rent. I am wanting to do the same thing so I would appreciate your response, even if you gave up on the idea. Seems like a business opportunity for someone!

jakarta
Level Contributor
669 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Motorike rental

Hi jocko. You can contact the DE of the lndonesian backpacker forum in North Sulawesi. Please be VERY careful when using motorbikes anywhere in Indonesia and you are really aware of the many serious risks.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
334 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: Motorike rental

Thank you for the information and for your words of caution. Just getting information at this point. I am very wary of doing this as I will be travellling solo and therefore, no one to "watch my back" in case of a problem.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
118 reviews
6. Re: Motorike rental

Due to lots of scam in Indonesia forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( offering tour/ guide/ driver/ car rental ) to report to DEs or TA admins. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7. Re: Motorike rental

Bicycle rental is possible? It is safe?Thanks for reply

Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Motorike rental

I am an experienced rider I live in Jakarta I have my SIM A & C. I am going to Manado shortly. I haven't seen anyone answer the question??? Can you rent sepeda motor in Manado, and where? Thanks. Grant

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
118 reviews
9. Re: Motorike rental

Grantly50, hello and welcome to TA forums.

<< I haven't seen anyone answer the question???>>

The best strategy for you is to ask your hotel to help you with this matter, all other options will put you in trouble... Many members of TA forums have resorted to solicit their business to other member which is something illegal but that happens. I recommend you never to engage with them at all.

NOTE: Due to lots of scam in Indonesia forums originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, wallet, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE report to mods or DEs. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Motorike rental

Hi Schonefeld, Thanks but your reply it does not help at all, and it brings into question your level of destination expertise! Have you been to Manado? I have, and I've lived, worked, and travelled widely around Asia and Indonesia for the last 22 years! I have become well versed on scammers and I generally know what's not available! Plus I know I will be able to rent a sepeda motor from an employee at the hotel I'm staying when I get there, I've done that before.

However, i's been several years since I was last in Manado, and my question is more about if it's maturing commercially. It would be nice if I could ask a question on this and other sites that gets responses from people with actual experience to provide one or two vendors specific details, on who rents a car or motor scooter or pushbike with a level of support and possibly even insurance!

You might be surprised to know in the last 8 months in places like Cambodia, Laos, and Bali I have found it easy to rent commercially pushbikes and/or motor bikes from most anywhere in these cities with the motor bikes costing around $6 a day.

And it would also be nice if people on sites like this got involved if they can answer the question that was posted, not wasting people's time answering a question they wished someone had asked!!

Get answers to your questions about Manado