We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody heard of this place?

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Anybody heard of this place?

Have had an email from an enq I made today & was wondering if anybody has stayed here & if it is legitimate? Sounds great but a little hesitant. It is linked to Villa Mountain View. Here is the link (I hope)

http://www.villayehbayu.com/

Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody heard of this place?

i thinks before my guest stay in this place in villa yeh bayu

about 15 menits from ubud center,you go to east,from of nomad restaurant you trun left go to north.

the basic this villas at rice fields area.

best regards

komang rio

2. Re: Anybody heard of this place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 12:05
Arizona
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody heard of this place?

i haven't stayed there but i was invited for a dinner with friends of a friend who stayed there...... it's one of the sweetest villas i've ever been in bali! i have to say all the "luxury" villas in bali don't really boggle my mind, they all use the same boring modern design from the same type of architect... i like when an owner of a villa creates his own design and decorate his own villa with a personal touch. it shows! more "energy" for sure, it's not "just another common commercial villa". the setting of this villa is also nice, surrounded by ricefields. the antique teakwood doors and antique guest house are just sooooo adorable! i wanted to source where to buy those doors and bring them to arizona but i guess i came for a holiday, not for trading :)

happy travels folks! enjoy everything you see!

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,399 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody heard of this place?

I have never heard of this place, but then there are literally hundreds of similar places around Ubud...

The reason I would also be skeptical is that there is no location map or photos of the gardens and so forth. We all know how photos can be deceiving.

Also, the prices they quote for airport pickup, daily driver, meal costs, internet etc are very high, in my opinon. My wireless connection in Ubud is about $30 a month. Their connection uses a LAN connection and costs $20 a week, no daily rate. Strange.

Arizona
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody heard of this place?

well... ubudpuppy... if you own a retail business and you buy your merchandise for $10 would you sell it for $10 too? regarding map, one of my best friends owns a vacation home in california, she also does not put location map on her web / other marketing tool listing, but she would only email it for those who show interest in booking. i totally would do the same if i were to manage a vacation rental (which i'm currently contemplating on). on the other hand though, in regards to your skeptical, i totally understand. when i do this kind of reservation i usually "feel out" the email responds that i receive from the owner. i can gain (or loose) confidence as soon as i have some conversations going with the owner. thankfully so, in my travelling "career" so far, i've never had bad experiences.

happy travels!

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,399 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody heard of this place?

Balimel: To use your analogy: In a customer service business in Bali the amenities are usually part of the package...delivery within a certain area, wrapping, cloth bag, etc etc. The OP asked for an opinon and I stated mine.

And in Ubud, location is quite important, I think especially to know if it's close to a river, which village, is it in a family compound, what is the view, is there a dedicated road or do they have to walk in, etc etc...

I'm not saying this particular place is hiding anything, just that to evaluate something on the internet (especially in Bali where full payment is often asked for in advance) the information is valuable.

I see that all your 3 postings are about this one villa...

7. Re: Anybody heard of this place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 07:17