We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oasis lagoon

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
oasis lagoon

looking at the oasis lagoon hotel with a lagoon access room have heard conflicting reports about this hotel am going there for a special occasion with my wife so needs to be good am not sure but heard on the one hand its a great hotel and then on the other hand its noisy and small, all we want is somewhere we can relax and chill beach is not far away so that is not a concern, what I am concerned about is it may not be an ideal hotel for my wife and I to celebrate our special occasion

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: oasis lagoon

I've also heard conflicting reports.

Some say that the room balconies are like prison cells as they have bars to the top (you can see this in the photos on their website) and others have thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

Position-wise its right next door to Hardy's supermarket, mid-Sanur, but having gone to their restaurant, read the prices on the menu and decided against it, I think they might be pricing themselves out of business.

I couldn't see that it would be noisy, unless that is from other guests and not the surroundings.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: oasis lagoon

Personally I think there are far better places to celebrate a special occassion than this hotel.

Maybe we can come up with some alternatives for you, if you like?

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: oasis lagoon

Maybe let us know your budget and the dates you will be in Bali. Every bit of information makes helping you easier.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: oasis lagoon

I also considered this hotel for our trip and decided against it after reading reviews and comments about the noise due to the walls being not being sound proof, the caged in feeling by bars, lagoon access rooms not being private and possible construction site near by. I ended up choosing Griya Santrian despite oasis offering a very good deal for cheaper.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: oasis lagoon

we will be in Bali from the 27th July till the 4th August well I have been offered the Oasis lagoon at $140 a night with breakfast have checked the Besakih it is full on there web site as is most of the beach side hotels must be high season any ideas would be helpful

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
6. Re: oasis lagoon

Yes, that time of year is very busy.

It could be worth checking some of the booking sites to see if they still have vacancy for this time as they may not have sold all their allocated rooms yet.

I would suggest The Griya Santrian, but you may be too late for that one.

Have a look at Sudamala Suites as well. It's in the south of Sanur but is only new so may not be as busy this year.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: oasis lagoon

after much searching and countless headaches I have decided on the Hyatt at sanur for our stay although bigger hotel than I wanted it is much the same price as the oasis lagoon and is on the beach front, now I can relax and enjoy going back to sanur have also booked the restaurant charming for our 20th wedding anniversary so everything falling into place so the surprise for my wife is nearly complete, few more little surprises and all will be done, thanks for all the advice

8. Re: oasis lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sanur