We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandra or Seminyak

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Sandra or Seminyak

Hi everyone

We were due to stay in Singapore , then Ubud then Lombok/ Gillis end of September we know we cannot stay in Lombok as our hotel has suffered damage (god bless all on Lombok)

We are still keeping to our plan of Singapore and Ubud , but know have the decision of where to stay for 6 days on Bali coastal area.

We love culture etc and like a few drinks and good food but do not like crowds and like a bit of bar music but not clubbing.

We have looked at the Oberoi in Seminyak and also the Sanur area, any one have any ideas as to which would suit us better, long shot I know, any help would be fantastic as the trip advisor community can usually help out . all the hotels in Bali seem to have doubled there room rates in 7 days!!!

Is it crowded by the Oberoi ( reason we looked at this is it seems more traditionally Balinese)

Or would Sanur be better does it have good restaurants and bars ?

Thanks everyone who has read this and takes the time to reply

12 replies to this topic
Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Given your description of the type of area you like staying in...Sanur is a better fit than Seminyak.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

PREDICTIVE text nightmare meant Sanur not Sandra

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Thank you any particular reason why.? Not being awkward just would like to know pros and cons thanks for replying, have you stayed at both?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
848 posts
4. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Definitley Sanur, it is a lovely laid back sort of place with lots of restaurants and a great beach walk with plenty of places to stop for a drink or to eat. I think Seminyak is more "up market" and quite western, although I am sure lots of Seminyak lovers will disagree with me.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
142 reviews
5. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Another vote for Sanur!

‘We love culture etc and like a few drinks and good food but do not like crowds and like a bit of bar music but not clubbing’

Your above comment fits Sanur, not seminyak. Seminyak is busy, can be crowded and has the ‘club’ atmosphere.

Sanur has the beautiful beach, food and restaurants, not as crowded and no club atmosphere.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Yes I have stayed at both locations. Seminyak is now very crowded and too fast paced for me. Sanur has a better beachfront and great restautants both beachfront and street side. Sanur is less crowded and the beach is swimable unlike Seminyak which has strong tides. Sanur also has a wonderful beach promenade to walk along. The only downside is you get the sunrise in Sanur as opposed to sunset in Seminyak.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,491 posts
66 reviews
7. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Seminyak is very busy and the traffic is shocking.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
56 reviews
8. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Fun fact, the traditionally balinese Oberoi was designed by an aussie:

traveller.com.au/how-balinese-style-was-born…

I vote for Sanur too. It's easier to get around, there are great restaurants and it's not too crowded.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Sanur.

I used to always stay in Seminyak.

I now always stay in Sanur.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
195 reviews
10. Re: Sandra or Seminyak

Seminyak for us, better food and more lively and near some good beachclubs where we can relax and swim because we don't like the ocean in Bali.

Last may it was so quiet in Sanur and we didn't liked that,and hardly no nightlife, had a good time but going back in november to Seminyak.

Reply to: Sandra or Seminyak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sanur