We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Random question

perth
Level Contributor
210 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Random question

Trip coming up to the Fairmont Sanur soon and saw a disturbing picture in reviews pop up in the last few days that perhaps a tin shed type contraption has been erected in between the main pool and the beach, this disrupting the view from pool to beach. Please tell me it isn’t so! Has anyone been past lately and can tell me the current state of affairs? Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Karmagali Boutique Suites
Karmagali Boutique Suites
#1 of 85 hotels in Sanur
The Samata
The Samata
#3 of 85 hotels in Sanur
Pondok Ayu
Pondok Ayu
#4 of 85 hotels in Sanur
4 replies to this topic
perth
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Random question

it was there 2 weeks ago

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Random question

Hi. We came back about 7 weeks ago, and that area was like a building site, with a tin fence around it. It didn't look good at all, but I don't know how it is at this time.

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Random question

The grassy area between the hotel and the beach path has mostly been dug up and a rough concrete pad laid possibly for a restaurant. Hubby peeped through the rickety iron fence to criticise the state of the floor which had not been smoothed in any way when the concrete was wet. Not appropriate for a 5 star hotel. On a positive note, Neyalan has opened right beside the hotel on the beachfront and Lilla Warung is just as good as ever. We were there a week ago

Edited: 19 June 2018, 02:43
Mentioned in this post
Lilla Warung
Lilla Warung
1,326 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
perth
Level Contributor
210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Random question

Thanks guys I guess they must be constructing a beach club. Lord knows why they would do the main part of the construction during high season! Looks like we’ll be spending our time at the kiddie pools with the littles and heading to Nelayan which I’ve heard good things about.

I’m guessing there’s no hope of it being finished by August lol!

Reply to: Random question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sanur