We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali June/July

Tanby
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Bali June/July

Just wanting any opinions/advice on travelling to Bali at the moment....we follow Smart Traveller and are a bit concerned with the warnings of terroism.

We are a family of 4 including a 7 and 9yr old....its our first time to Bali as well.

9 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,293 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali June/July

What?

Smart traveller is sometimes not so smart.

No idea where/which Tarby you are from (UK,USA, Oz,, Sweden). What is the risk in your home country.

I took my kids to USA 2 weeks after 9/11

Everywhere in the world has warnings of terrorism.

These warnings basically haven't changed much at all for sometimes decades.

Bali basically putting 2+2together to make cheese.

Assumptions by governments etc is put a load of (Western) tourists anywhere in a foreign country or place that may or may not have/had terrorist issues in the past then the risk of terror is higher.

London, Paris/France, Germany have all had more recent terrorist issues than Bali. Are they off your list.

We have higher security now at the Xmas Markets because of the Xmas market attack in Germany. At the Oktoberfest (which I have been going to since 1990), which used to be completely open, is now "ringfenced" with only a couple of entry/exit points.

Bit like a person from Manchester worried about terrorist issues in Bali after what happened at the Ariana Grande concert.

Only you can make up your mind of how relevant and what the personal risk is.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali June/July

There has been no terrorism in Bali for a very long time. We're here on our 20th x 6 week trip and always continue to feel as safe as we always do. Perhaps read this recent thread.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29422…

Edited: 09 June 2018, 07:12
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,930 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali June/July

Hi nikkiem

There is absolutely no guarantee that anywhere in the world is safe from this sort of murderous criminal activity. Personally I refuse to allow the fear to control my life and will continue to travel, but whatever you feel is best for your own safety, then you need to follow those thoughts.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali June/July

We've just returned and found Bali to be incredibly safe and friendly. Probably a different matter if you're looking at other parts of Indonesia, but I think Bali is very safe.

Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali June/July

Bali is incredibly safe and friendly.. If you are still sacred hire a personal local body guard for your family :)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,930 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali June/July

Are you serious, Red997?

I suppose if they were “sacred” they would need a lot of care and protection, but if they were scared, then they would soon realise how silly your suggestion is.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali June/July

I think Kevin Costner might be available.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali June/July

Agree TK but if they want to fly me 9ver to Bali; I would be happy to protect the family 😎😎

Cheers Mac

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,930 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali June/July

Very kind if you Mac, but would you be able to look after “sacred” people. Takes special skills so i’m told.

Reply to: Bali June/July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted