I had a pretty bad experience in the Putri Santrian hotel and would like to warn people against staff stealing from your room.
This was my experience (May 2018):
- On arrival they gave me a room with two single beds while I had booked a double bed. There was chaos about this for hours, I was on the phone with receptionists for hours. As a 'solution' they even tried to put sheets between the two beds, as if you don't feel that! Very unprofessional.
- All this chaos, and finally I got the solution: the room next door has a double bed. I don't understand why this was not said before sending maintenance with those sheets, telling me that only tomorrow a room with a double bed would come up etc.
- While moving to the new room with double bed, I forgot to move my sweater, which I had hung in the closet (only item, as I just came from airport). I remember this distinctively because when I hung the sweater, I remember seeing a robe and rotan slippers, which reminded me of another hotel I stayed in and had really loved. And because I deliberately took the hanger without angles, to not damage the delicate merino wool of my sweater. (I write this because I was later accused by a staff member that I did not hang the sweater there and had lost it myself).
- Half an hour later I’m in my new room, happy with it, when I suddenly realize: oh, I forgot my sweater in the closet of the previous room. I called reception and someone came with a key. But when I opened the closet, my sweater was gone!!
- My sweater never turned up again. I loved that sweater and was gutted about this! It had "mysteriously disappeared", according to the receptionists and management. One receptionist even claimed spirits had something to do with it. Personally, I don't believe in spirits stealing sweaters. There had been 4 people in the room while I was moving: two boys from maintenance, an older man and the woman who showed me the room. I am very sure that one of them has taken it. There is no other option.
- I had booked and paid for 4 nights in the hotel, so could not leave, but after this I never let maintenance in my room when I wasn’t there. And I kept all my valuables in my suitcase, which I locked 24/7, also when I was asleep. So I felt very unsafe in the hotel.
- Never did I receive any information, apology or compensation from management. This made me feel like noone gave a damn, which is a horrible feeling after someone in the hotel just stole from you. They only said they were 'investigating' it. At my check-out I asked to speak with the manager, and he still said the same vague thing about the 'investigation'. Again he did not apologize, did not offer any information and did not offer any compensation, not even a free tea... Needless to say I never heard back about this so-called investigation (they said they would e-mail me, but never got anything).
They replied to my Tripadvisor review, but it's a weird reply. They only mention the mix-up with the single beds, but not the theft. And they keep saying they are "investigating" everything.