We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt regency Sanur beach

Odiham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
203 reviews
Hyatt regency Sanur beach

Does anyone have any new information on the renovation of the old Bali Hyatt please .

The Facebook page seems to have gone cold although the previous manager suggested some work may be taking place ??????

93 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
5,019 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

We walked past in mid January. Looks just as it did in Jan 2015. I didn't see any work on buildings at all. All we saw was burn off of rubbish etc.

Looks to be a long, long way off.

Odiham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
203 reviews
2. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

Thank you so sad .

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
761 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

There is a problem with the lease, looks like the renovations may never happen.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,040 posts
317 reviews
4. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

There are workers there and also some heavy machinery. I checked it out a couple of times two weeks ago. There is no way it will re open mid 2017 as they were predicting. The entire site is still surrounded by fencing and you can see people working and it appears some of the rooms are making very slow progress.

Don't expect any good news any time soon.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,731 posts
206 reviews
5. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

Hi,

This was posted on their Facebook page in August last year:

"Dear Friends of Hyatt Regency Bali,

After some unforeseen delays I am happy to let everyone know that we are getting closer to the start of the main construction stage of the project. The piling machine was moved onto site over the weekend and should start work later this week. I will be sure to bring you more photos of the works as they progress."

And this is what they are saying on their official web site:

"The renovated hotel will be renamed Hyatt Regency Bali and is expected to reopen in the first quarter of 2018. We will continue to update our website regarding the exact reopening date."

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,418 posts
179 reviews
6. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

If it ever reopens it would be a good thing as for the past few years, that very long fenced area has cut Sanur in half.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,162 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

TK, I don't understand what you mean. It has been no different moving from north to south and vice versa since the Hyatt closed down..

Odiham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
203 reviews
8. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

Thanks for all your replies. We stayed at the fairmont on Sanur for a month last year and while we were there the head of Hyatt global and a colleague were staying also.

They have lost the lease and without it they can do nothing .There was a Hyatt manager on site who invited us in for a coffee but the site was derelict.He has now been moved on so I'm guessing the news is not good .

Hyatt dropped the ball bigtime here.

All the lovely buildings gone ,just the concrete room blocks remain ,all the long serving loyal staff gone and the beautiful famous gardens destroyed along with our holiday dreams !

Back to the fairmont for us

Odiham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
203 reviews
9. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

I totally agree .Its so dark walking past at night and that dreadful metal fence does nothing to enhance the beach

Kapunda, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
130 reviews
10. Re: Hyatt regency Sanur beach

We walked past it this morning. The green metal fence still surrounds the whole site. If its being worked on its seems to be very slow. We didnt see any people around.

Reply to: Hyatt regency Sanur beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sanur