We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
59 posts
66 reviews
76 helpful votes
Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

Hi All:

I’m traveling solo and staying at the Hilton Bali Ngurah Rai for just one night this Saturday, 3/14 before heading to Seminyak. Several questions:

1) Is it easy to catch a Grab to and from (the hotel’s shuttle only runs once per day evidently)?

2) What part of Kuta should I go to to be able to get the best of Kuta in the limited amount of time I have? Any restaurant/bar recommendations?

Thank you!

9 replies to this topic
Greater Adelaide...
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

Why only one night in Kuta. Seminyak Square landmark is only 7 kms from Kuta. Why not go direct from the airport to your Seminyak accommodation?

If wanting to visit Kuta from Seminyak you can use a metered Bluebird taxi which are plentiful and economical or use Grab.

Depends on your flight arrival time. Check-in is generally 2 p.m. and checkout 11 a.m so very limited time plus two lots of transfer costs and perhaps unnecessary accommodation cost.

Edited: 1 year ago
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
59 posts
66 reviews
76 helpful votes
2. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

I’m joining a retreat in Seminyak that does not start until the next day and the retreat recommended I do this (they will pick me up the next day at the hotel). In fact, I flew in one day early before my retreat because I wanted to get started early, see another city before the retreat, and get my bearings. Any recommendations for the afternoon/evening/early morning in Kuta would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Greater Adelaide...
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

I’m assuming you really want to check out Kuta otherwise you could choose to stay in Seminyak near your Retreat for one night. Sorry, as I’m not a fan of Kuta I can’t help with suggestions. It’s an area with lots of shops, markets and eateries. Cheers.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,667 posts
91 reviews
63 helpful votes
4. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

Hi,

it is a bit pointless staying at the Hilton at the Airport. Poor recommendation from your "retreat".

Kuta isn't a city. It is just an area.

The Airport DPS is in Tuban (part of Kuta area) which is part of the large Kuta/Legian/Seminyak urban tourist area.

Kuta merges into Legian into Seminyak just by crossing the road from one bar/shop to another all located on the long, mainly surfing, Kuta Beach. Legian, in the middle, only covers 1 mile of beach.

Seminyak is a large area. It also spreads over 3 miles inland. Your "retreat" may be in an urbanised or tourist area of Seminyak and be closer to the Beachwalk Mall in Kuta or the Bombing Memorial/nightclub area in Kuta than Seminyak square.

We often stay at the Discovery Kartika in Tuban/Kuta. It is under 2miles from the Airport. We walk to Seminyak from the Discovery.

For the one night if you wanted to be in a 'different' area you could stay somewhere like the Sheraton in Kuta or Stones Legian. Could easily walk to popular Poppies Lanes 1&2 (Sheraton next to Poppies 2) or Legian.

Saltash, United...
Level Contributor
641 posts
38 reviews
24 helpful votes
5. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

My personal opinion, if you want "The Best" of Kuta you need to be staying in or off Poppies 1 or 2. I always stay in Gang Sorga they are cheaper accommodations what would maybe be called backpackers but I have been going back to the same place for 20 years when staying in Kuta. Then you are close to the beach for sunset, close to all the best Warungs, great shopping experiences and also the nightlife.

Like I said this is my opinion and others will other experiences.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
162 reviews
108 helpful votes
6. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

I'm with #4. Discovery kartika is a great hotel to unwind from you trip. Close to everything, and relaxing once you enter the resort. Perfect for you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
59 posts
66 reviews
76 helpful votes
7. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

Thanks, everyone! My hotel is non-refundable and I arrive at 5pm after traveling for 30 hours, so I think I’ll just make the best of the area!! I’ll definitely keep this in mind for the future, it’s super helpful!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
337 reviews
327 helpful votes
8. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

LDarling87

because you cannot change your accommodation you may wish to use the Gojek App for cheaper transport. You can use this app for many things while in Bali

Greater Adelaide...
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Save

Hi darling, as your flight arrives at 5 p.m and needing to go through Immigration and collecting luggage and depending on other flight arrivals as to how long it will be before heading to the Hilton located at Ngurah Rai airport. And after your flight, as suggested, you’ll probably only be able to enjoy your hotel. I think the Hilton may provide a shuttle to the hotel. As you’re being picked up by your Retreat next morning I’m guessing you won’t see anything of Kuta. You’re roughly about 10-15 minute drive to, say, Discovery Mall in Kuta. Enjoy Bali. Cheers.

Reply to: Kuta for one night this Sat - recommendations needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.