We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)

Canada Bay...
13 posts
Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)
Save

Hello

I would like to visit Bali in a budget trip in mid March for 7 days and 7 nights with my wife and 2 little kids (total 4 persons).Would you please suggest itinerary for 7 days and nights? Also suggest me some must do in Changi airport as I'm traveling with Singapore airlines and will have layover in Changi airport. And how vulnerable are these places due to Coronavirus and what precautions should I take against this? Thanks in advance.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
11,695 posts
59 reviews
89 helpful votes
1. Re: Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)
Save

Sorry Traveller, this is a travel forum, not a travel agency. We have no idea of your interests, or what you mean by "budget" trip. For some that is $20 per night for a hotel, for others it's $100 per night. I will place a link at the bottom for you to read, regarding the areas of Bali. You could also visit the things to do tab, top of page, and the travel guides, to get some ideas of what to do and see. Then, please read as many pages of this forum as you possibly can to learn more about Bali. And, if you can access a computer, go to the right side of the front page of the Bali forum (not the Kuta subsection), and read all the Top questions about Bali.

While we are not able to assist with an itinerary, if you do some research and come back with your ideas, we are happy to help you fine tune those.

As this is the Bali forum, please ask your Changi airport questions on the Singapore forum.

For concerns re Coronavisus in Bali, please look at the first couple of pages of the Bali forum, where there are multiple threads.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k13171263-Different_Areas_of_Bali_and_What_They_Offer_Update_Jan_2020-Bali.html

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,667 posts
91 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)
Save

As above need more info.

Need exact dates for “mid March”. Does your stay fall on 24/25/26th March

As you have posted in the Kuta forum are you staying in Kuta. If so where.

In Kuta Bali Turtle society have free turtle releases. March isn’t regular turtle season but they may some while you are there.

Singapore/Changi - we often fly via Changi. We will again in May.

Re Coronavirus you will have to make your own personal risk assessment. Plenty of info out there. Suffice to say if you read the news/UK news the British “superspreader” got it at a conference at the Grand Hyatt in Singapore.

Up to recently Singapore had the second highest number of reported infections (50) after Japan (over 200) outside of China.

Personally won’t have an issue staying Aircraft side at Changi.

We normally have an 8 hour lay over on our return flights and go down town. We don’t go until May but will make an assessment closer to time.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
65 reviews
51 helpful votes
3. Re: Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)
Save

In seven days, I wouldn’t try to do too much. I also found Kutner to be too “city” and opted to skip it my second trip back. I would recommend a beach town on the east coast of Bali. I personally found Amed provided the quiet laid back image of Bali I’d envisioned, vs the clubby vibe that you can find in Seminyak/Kuta. I’d recommend spending time in Ubud. Kawai temple is one of my favorites, and it’s nearby. Whenever you transfer hotels,hire a driver. We paid about 750k rupiah per day for someone to pick us up in the morning and drive us all day, touring temples and eating at local restaurants along the way. With a short trip, this will help you maximize your time, and you’ll save a bit on eating in cheaper local joints if you so choose.

Hopefully this is helpful — definitely lots of choices in Bali! And lots of budget options to stay.

I’ll avoid the coronavirus question .. I’m struggling with whether or not to cancel a planned trip Vietnam myself.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
11,695 posts
59 reviews
89 helpful votes
4. Re: Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)
Save

Further to post 3, the price of a day trip quoted is a bit high. 600,000 is an average price, unless your trip is very long or travel is very far.

Greater Adelaide...
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)
Save

IDR600,000 for a day’s sightseeing 9 a.m - 6 p.m per vehicle, not per person. As previous Posts you need to put together your own itinerary. If wanting to experience temples, rice terraces, lakes, waterfalls etc. you’d base yourself in Ubud. If wanting a child friendly beach you’d stay Sanur.

For accommodation recommendations you need to state your budget. You need to choose your accommodation location wisely in Ubud if chosen. Also Sanur. Have a look at an OTA e.g. Booking.com as there is a filter, room photos, hotel facilities, reviews and a location map.

You need to budget for transfers and activities. You need to understand changing money. This topic is on the top RH side of the Forum (not on a mobile).

Canada Bay...
13 posts
6. Re: Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)
Save

Hello guys

My budget for hotel room is not more than 25 USD per night (maybe up to 30 USD if the hotel is exceptionally beautiful in terms of view and comfort). I'm visiting from 19th to 26th March.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
901 posts
51 reviews
31 helpful votes
7. Re: Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)
Save

Changi airport has an outdoor swimming pool, might be an ideal place to relax with the kids. I forget which terminal though.

I’m also planning my first trip to Bali, so I can’t recommend anything there!

8. Re: Suggest itinerary for Bali (7 days, 7 nights)

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2021, 05:41
Get answers to your questions about Kuta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.