We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

New York
Level Contributor
377 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

We'll be in Varansi for 2 nights next February and I keep seeing that hotels are almost completely booked for our dates. Is that because they're probably booked or because hotels haven't released their rooms yet that far in advance?

Thanks!

14 replies to this topic
1. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2018, 16:55

Varanasi
Level Contributor
614 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

I think that most hotels are wise enough and closed their inventories because of the famous bathing festival Kumbh Mela.Its going to start around January - February next year when thousands of pilgrims come to Varanasi.I believe hotels dont want to sell rooms at cheaper rate now so that they can sell it for a higher price offline.

Varanasi, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

Yes, Hotels are being sold because of Kubh Mela taking place in Allahabad which is about just 150 Kms one way from Varanasi and people take day excursion from Varanasi of Allahabad.

Suggest to contact a local tour operator in Varanasi and let them take care of everything.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,387 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

It may be due to Kumbh Mela at Allahabad. Most people coming on pilgrimage to Allahabad visit Varanasi also.

Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

We visited India in April this year. We found most hotels were coming up as virtually fully booked several months before on Booking.com However, we found that only some rooms are made available to Booking.com and most places were virtually empty in reality. Do check directly with any hotel that you really want as you may get a different story from them.

Level Contributor
180 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

I expierenced the same using the hotel comparison sites however I contacted hotels directly and I have reservations however rates have increased for this period of time.

New York
Level Contributor
377 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

Thanks for the replies. I was able to find something right after I posted the question and the availability seemed to vary between booking sites but for so far in advance, there weren't many great options for the location I wanted.

I hope that if they are getting overflow from Kumbha Mela that it won't be too crazy/overcrowded there since we're traveling with kids.

Level Contributor
180 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

Wendy, we are staying three nights, two days spent doing a walking tour and a day in Sarnath. If it is too hectic I will go back to the hotel and watch everything from the balcony for a few hours and then head back out.

Varanasi, India
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

Hi Wendy,

Varanasi will not be too much crowded and you with your kids will be able to stroll around easily. Also, it depends so much on how your tour are planned. Don't opt for walking tour after afternoon or in the evening.

It is little more crowded in the evening and therefore, keep just one sightseeing for evening (Evening prayer ceremony). Rest you should do either in the morning or before afternoon.

I wish, i could do something more for you :-).

Have an amazing visit to Varanasi !

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?

Because of it is peak season.

Better book in advance as in peak season current bookings not possible.

Regards

M_OEHAGRA

Reply to: Hotels 92% Booked for February 2019?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted