We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would like to visit Varanasi this year

1 post
Save Topic
Would like to visit Varanasi this year

Hi Team

I am from Bangalore, I am planning to take 5 days vacation to travel Varanasi and near by places. Could you please guide me to prepare a plan for the trip. Best time to visit, best way to travel, locations to be covered, places to stay, caring on food, and other specific requirements.

4 replies to this topic
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,286 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would like to visit Varanasi this year

If weather is concern then October/November is good time.At least 2 days should be given to Varanasi and 1 day to Allahabad.If interested you can plan for Bodhgaya,its 4 hr road journey one side.

West Yorks, UK
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would like to visit Varanasi this year

Hi Biju P

Welcome to the trip advisor forums.

My favourite time to visit Varanasi in October/November, usually during Deepawali. I've been several times and will be back several more in future. But in October, the ghats are sometimes caked in mud and it can make walking quite difficult.

Travel - Indigo seem to do direct flights from Bangalore to Varanasi, but they are quite expensive. Not sure about trains, nothing came up on the Cleartrip site.

For 4 nights in Varanasi - save at least three for the city itself and perhaps make a day trip somewhere, Sasaram or Allahabad as Rahul has suggested above.

If this is your first visit there, I would highly recommend one or two walking tours, especially for the first day.

(if you need recommendations, just ask).

As for hotels, you will get some good suggestions if you can mention your hotel budget per night.

Those are just a few ideas for now

All the best

Spud

Varanasi, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Would like to visit Varanasi this year

Dear Biju,

Welcome to Varanasi.

Best you come by flights from Bangalore to Varanasi.

2 complete days are enough for Varanasi. Must take during these would be morning boat ride, evening aarti by boat, Sarnath, City tour, Walk Tour and visit to Death Hostel or Widow Ashram.

Day trips from Varanasi is possible for Allahabad and Bodhgaya.

Have wonderful Tour Varanasi.

4. Re: Would like to visit Varanasi this year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2017, 06:38

Reply to: Would like to visit Varanasi this year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted