We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

Hii this is sravan..I would like to ask some info abt varanasi..We ll reach there by Feb 23rd mrng...and leave by 25th at early hrs..So what r the temples near vishwanath temple I can visit..cauz the hotel I check in is near to the main temple.This is my first visit to varanasi as I am a south Indian,I don't hv much idea abt north pilgrimage...Any separate entrance for gents and ladies and like south Indian temples..Will there be any gates to enter???As it is the time of sivarathri...what is the best time to visit vishwanath temple on this day..How much time it takes for the darshan...what r the safety measures...And security issues...I read in some website abt the boat rides in Ganges..What would be the cost and what is the best time for the ride..24th(shivrathri) we should visit the main temple so what r the temples we can visit on 23rd and how far are they from the main temple?Pls provide the details so I can plan accordingly...TIA

Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

This is sravan again, found there's a New Vishwanath temple and Golden temple(Kasi Vishwanath) are they same?? If different which is the main one for darshan??

Delhi
Level Contributor
514 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

Hi Sravan k,

The main temple is the Golden Kashi Vishwanath temple, new Vishwanath temple is the one in BHU and is different than the main temple.

Delhi
Level Contributor
514 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

Hi Sravan k,

As you have choosen Shivaratri date to visit Kashi Vishwanath temple, be aware that this is the most crowded day at the temple in a year and there are long queues of pilgrims. Best time for darshan would be at the earliest in the morning. There will be queues before you reach the gate and it may take few hours to reach the garbhgriha. Cellphones wallets are better kept back safe in your luggage at hotel as these are not allowed, carry enough cash for flower garland, prasad and for any donations etc or for your personal needs. If your hotel is nearby you may also leave your footwear back there.

Boat ride in Ganga should not be missed, it will be a relieving activity after long and tiring darshan queues. It can be done at sunrise or at the time of Ganga aarti or at any other time of the day. Private boat will cost more than the shared boat. There are several temples in Varanasi, you may visit them as per your time and convenience, some of the prominent ones are :-

Annapurna Temple (right next to the Kashi Vishwanath temple).

Kaal Bhairav Temple.

Durga Temple at Durgakund

Tulsi Manas Temple (next to Durga Temple)

Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple.

The list is endless and will depend upon your earnestness to visit a particular temple / deity.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

Hi,

Do visit Sarnath, if time permits.

CarLink

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
19,894 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

Be prepared for heavy rush on day of Shivratri at Kashi Vishwanath.Try to reach as early as possible in morning.

Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

Thanks for ur replies,wt would be the coast of boat rides for both sharing and individual?

7. Re: Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2017, 13:08
8. Re: Gng to visit Varanasi on 23-24th Feb..Few questions from me.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2018, 07:18