We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra guide

Liverpool
Level Contributor
371 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Agra guide

Hi Can anyone recommend a guide or transport to collect at Agra train station then show round Taj and other sights, or website to book

Many Thanks

Gary

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
736 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra guide

We're Canadians and met a fellow that Ravi in the parking lot near the Taj. He gave me his business card which has gone missing. He knew everything about the Taj and was a delightful fellow. My brother-in-law (a Delhi resident) bargained his price down to 50 rupees for a 2 hour tour....that's around $1 Canadian ?!?!?!? Anyway, he got us in through a different entrance, which involved going through someone's dwelling, and saving us at least 30 minutes in line. What was even better is that he didn't take us to the various marble vendors and souvenir shops that other guides do. If I find his card, I'll post it here. Ravi was a pleasure to deal with.

We couldn't take my video camera or tripod into the grounds of the Taj, but my camera was fine. Not quite sure why, but those were the rules when we visited. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Seeing the Taj in person is so much better than any picture I've seen.

agra
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra guide

toursbylocals.com is a great site for guided tour.toursbylocals have certificate of an excellence by tripadvisor.great reviews on TA.

For 50 rs u can not have an official guide, near the gate mostly touts roaming around.

You can book guide at up-tourism.com also.

Happy journey

Shanu

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra guide

Hi,

many names for agra approved guides and many touts you will found near TAJ.

our TA contributors DeepakAgra,Agraguide, sunilgupta, are all registered guide who gives valuable time to TA forums. you can check with them. If any of them is free for your dates they will happy to help

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra guide

You can use search box above.

Write in that "Local tour guide recommendations" and you will get results.

deepak

Agra, India
Level Contributor
678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agra guide

Good morning ,

on this TA. there are many recommendation of Guides you can search. you can contact them by PM on this website.. it is always good to book things in advance.

Taj mahal is closed on every FRIDAY.

6. Re: Agra guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:16