We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning Taj - any gate?

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning Taj - any gate?

Namaste everyone!

I have heard that to be able to enter the Taj early in the morning, that only the Western gate is open...? Is this true?

Thank you!!

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
Level Contributor
33,416 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning Taj - any gate?

Generally, Taj opens Sunrise to Sunset, except Friday, as far as I know, the timing is applicable to all the gates of Taj.

Edited: 12 November 2011, 17:52
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning Taj - any gate?

Hi

all gate open at the same time you can enter through the east gate

or west gate which ever gate seems close to your hotel.

Tight securities carry only small bag and camera, avoide to take any extras

Edited: 12 November 2011, 18:01
Italy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning Taj - any gate?

Yes, all the gates are open, we took a tuk tuk and he took us to the gate with less queues.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,547 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning Taj - any gate?

There are three gates to enter the Taj. East & West gate are open from sunrise to sunset while South Gate opens from 8AM to 4.30 PM only.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning Taj - any gate?

Let me help you plan your itinerary for things to do in Agra. As you have mentioned that you will arrive in Delhi on December 9 around mid-day. So I will continue with the onward plan of touring Agra.

December 9- Move to Agra by Road (3 to 4 hours). Visit Taj Mahal in the evening.

December 10- Start you day by visiting Taj Mahal for the morning views. Other attractions that you will visit today include Agra Fort, Sikandra and Fatehpur Sikri.

December 11- Resume your journey towards Delhi.

Major places for shopping in Agra are Taj Mahal complex, Sadar Bazaar, Raja ki Mandi, Kinari Bazaar and Sanjay Place. There are so many restaurants in Taj Ganj area that provides good food at reasonable prices.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early morning Taj - any gate?

I am sorry Ritasaurus............actually I was writing this answer for some other post and by mistake posted it here

all the gates are opened from sunrise to sunset expect for fridays when Taj is closed for public viewing.

7. Re: Early morning Taj - any gate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2012, 10:23