We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra to delhi - Bus or train

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Agra to delhi - Bus or train

i m trying to search for booking of private bus operator but didn't got many result on this yet. Which way is better ? I can only find government operated bus.. Any info on the one operated by private company ?

london
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

Train 2001 from Agra Cantt to Delhi leaves Agra at 8.25pm daily and takes 2hrs so is good to catch after a day at the Taj.

You can book on Cleartrip

Not sure about buses, sorry.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,433 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

Train service between Delhi and Agra is very good and is better then bus.You can visit www.indianrail.gov.in or www.cleartrip.com to know about trains and reservation.

Government buses are also available from Kalekhan bus stand in Delhi for Agra any time of the day at the interval of 15-30 Mts. You need not to book in advance.

deepak

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

alrite. Have you try to book at cleartrip though ? can you share your experience with me ? We are two gals, is it safe to take "sleeper" class ?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,976 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

It is a short trip, so yes, sleeper class is perfectly acceptable if you are on a shoe-string budget. If you can afford it, take an AC chair car seat. It costs about 450 rupees a ticket. The bus takes a long time, at least 5 hours.

5. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 14:40
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

is me again - I was trying to book train ticket via cleartrip but found that I will have to be on wait list already. Is it still safe to book ?

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

When is the train ticket for and what is the wait-list number......??

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,433 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

There are many trains between Delhi and Agra. I am sure you will get reservation In either Bhopal Shatabdi,Taj Express or Intercity express. There are different classes you can searchj for AC Chair Car. In some the trains they open reservation only 30 days before.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
9. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

If it's bus that you are looking for, you may look at www.redbus.in

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Agra to delhi - Bus or train

made a booking on train #2192 on Dec 31. wait list number 7,8.

fr Agra to New Delhi...

thanks