We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Hi, I am very excited to visit Agra specifically Taj Mahal. I need some helpful tips. Are there any guides inside Taj? Do I need to book in advance ? How much is the entrance fee ? Any recommendations for hotels?

13 replies to this topic
1. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2018, 11:20
Edited: 13 August 2018, 11:20

Agra, India
Level Contributor
914 posts
2. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Dear Traveller

There are lot of recommended Travel Agency in AGRA who would provide you services of Professional Tour Guide approved by Ministry of Tourism .You could visit Tajmahal ,Agra Fort ,Baby Taj and Mehtab Bagh in Agra .Its better to choose the hotel located on Fatehbad road there are many hotel suitable for your budget .The Ticket Cost for Tajmahal is INR 1000 and Agra Fort INR 500.

Regards

Akbran Tours

New Delhi, India
4 posts
3. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Hi welcome in advance. I just suggest you to book your hotel by booking. Com it's very nice and best and cheap. Taj Mahal entrance is 1000 rupees each.and if you need professional guide so also you can found in TripAdvisor.

Edited: 30 May 2018, 15:16
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Hello good evening,

I just came from Agra and visited Taj Mahal last 24th of MAY this year, I booked my travel at TREVELOGY INDIA and my tour guide is MR. AHMER PAL.Iwen there twice, one sunset and early morning for sunrise. You need to go early in the morning to avoid the crowd.The entrance fee is 1000 rupees and if you wish to go to the garden area located at the back of the Taj Mahal, the entrance fee is 200 rupees.During my travel to INDIA I felt very safe and enjoyed my travel.Thanks to TRAVELOGY INDIA for all there help and making my birthday a memorable one. its surereal!!!!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Thank you. It very helpful tip.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

I am taking all your tips. It is very helpful & thank you all very much. I will also check Trevelogy. Thank you again..

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Do all your arrangements well in advance to avoid any last minute headaches.

For hotels try looking at online websites, there are plenty and when you try finding you can get good offers on room booking as well.

There are so many guides inside and outside tajamahal but no reputed and good guide operates from tajmahal, you have to book them in advance. There are many recommendations available on TripAdvisor, scratch a bit , see reviews of them and then book them in advance to avoid any problem.

Regards

Walks By Arif

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Also note that open recommendations are against the TripAdvisor guidelines.

Regards

Walks By Arif

Agra.India
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

Hi with any company to organise the tour with smal car like Dzire. Thousand of people come I cross solo traveler male / female both but you have to gate all the information about the agent before booking.

Start your tour from Delhi early morning is good for you if you stay over night in Agra do not go with any app just read the hotel Reviews and choose your self.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
10. Re: Safety for Solo Lady traveller

@daffodil_pearlglace did you go thru a Golden TrianglePackage thru TravelogyIndia?

Reply to: Safety for Solo Lady traveller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted