We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Hello, I will be visiting taj mahal on the 15th Feb, I was wondering if they let me carry a small bag such a cross the body bag with my phone and purse in it? Also what should I wear, do I like have to cover my shoulders and wear long trousers and sandals? Sorry for the many questions, I just want to be prepared and not turned away. Thanks

17 replies to this topic
1. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2018, 13:29

Beirut
Level Contributor
941 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Hello Zara,

To avoid waiting time for security checking try to have small bag just to put your mobile and other needed items, camera, etc..

As for the dress code what applies on Taj Mahal applies anywhere in India, try to put something decent and comfortable .

Enjoy

Inaya

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,433 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

You can take small bag inside but see that you do not have any eatables, cigarette, lighter, any sharp objects, toys, torches, wire . Good will be to carry your mobile,camera and wallet.

No dress code. However time you will be travelling will be little cooler in morning and at night so full sleeve shirt and long pants will be good.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Good morning.

Better thing to carry only phones money wallet and camera small bags are allowed and you are not allowed to carry any kind of cigarettes lighter tobacco chocolate chewing gums pen pencils marker any makeup stuffs brush toys dummies calculator flashlight pen knife there is no such dress code for Taj Mahal it is better to cover the shoulders and knees and you don't need to carry bottle of water because when you buy a ticket you'll get bottle about the free with the ticket half litre each.

And Books are not allowed also.

Raja

Edited: 04 February 2018, 03:19
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Small handbags/purses are fine ,but better you leave everything back in the hotel and just go with mobile/phone/camera/water/shoe covers.

There is no dress code for Taj visit but what makes you comfortable go with that...Visit early Thursday gets busy in the late hours of the day as it is closed on Fridays.

Rashid Agra

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
787 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Hi Zara,

As already suggested above, you can carry a small bag/ purse alongwith you. However, there is no restrictions on dressing, just put on comfortable clothings.

Regards,

Sonia Handa

Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Hi you can carry small bag with you. However most of the bags needs to be submitted at cloak room. Weather is perfectly fine there,I recently visited there. No need to carry heavy winter clothes.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
893 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

I would suggest you wear socks and shoes rather than slippers as inside you would be asked to remove shoes before you enter the Taj Mahal.

Ho Chi Minh City...
6 posts
1 review
9. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Hi!

Anyone please advise if a gimbal is allowed to carry inside. Also, is it okay if I bring along some fancy clothing to put on on the spot?

Agra, Uttar...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: Bag for taj mahal and dress code

Selfie sticks are allowed but not sure about the gimbal.

A t shirt or something is allowed not a bag full of clothes. Also note any type of advertisement is not allowed inside the tajmahal.

Regards

Walks By Arif

Reply to: Bag for taj mahal and dress code
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted