We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra - safety for woman solo traveller

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3 posts
46 reviews
Agra - safety for woman solo traveller

Hi,

I'm making plans for visiting Agra and having read all the information I'm a bit overwhelmed with precautions to the point of panic.

I'm a passionate (although amateur) photographer, I travel alone, and, of course, would love to take some pictures of Taj Mahal (well, if there is no fog) and as a coinsidence at the time of my travel (1-3 January) it will be full moon which, again, if there's no fog, could provide fabulous conditions for a great photo shot. Also, having read the tips etc I'm falling more for the 'from across the river bank' photo spot since I want to use a tripod and avoid people. But at the same time, I am not feeling confident at the thought of having to wander around with expensive photography equipment on my own, especially during the night.

Can anyone who's been there/done that advise if my worries are maybe oexaggerated? maybe this spot at the river bank is crowded with photographers 24x7 so I would not be alone there (suppose I could get a taxi right to the spot)?

I've been thinking through all possible options from tours (that I had to drop because I don't suppose I'd be able to afford a private one (though I will continue looking into this subject - maybe I can find something affordable) and the group tour would not likely go (a) when I want to (b) at all go to the river bank & (c) spend there enough time for a crazy amateur photographer to get a satisfying shot), to actually finding someone local who could accompany me and maaaaybe keep away unwanted company (I know, silly, but I'm desperate).

I have no experience with India whatsoever so apologies for possible offending prejudice in my post but it's based fully on what I've read/heard from other people. And I understand that if I had some company with me it would probably be completely different...

Anyways, I'm open for any suggestions. Many thanks in advance!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
11. Re: Agra - safety for woman solo traveller

Hi.

It not only important for the photographs to go garden at backside of Taj mahatma. Here is many place with different angle even inside and out side. Some from coffee shop of Taj ganj area and some nice shots you can from Dasera ghats also. .. it is only when you see all these spots personally. ..

I hope you like my suggestions..

Edited: 21 September 2017, 11:40
Agra, India
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
12. Re: Agra - safety for woman solo traveller

No doubt Rashid bhai is a very good guide in Agra.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,433 posts
11 reviews
13. Re: Agra - safety for woman solo traveller

The time you are visiting (1 -3rd January) is not a good time to take pictures at night. That is the time when there will be fog and visibility becomes very low. I do not think you will be able to make picture or see any thing at night either from Mehtab bagh or from inside Taj mahal.

deepak

Edited: 22 September 2017, 15:01
14. Re: Agra - safety for woman solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 September 2017, 14:35
15. Re: Agra - safety for woman solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2018, 05:17