We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips from Bangalore in chilly december

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Topic
Trips from Bangalore in chilly december

Hi everyone, I being new to Bangalore would like some advice and suggestions on my trip.

I am listing my requirements point-wise. Please help me plan an itinerary

1. I would like to go places around Bangalore (I have already visited Mysore, Ooty, Tirupati, Madurai, Rameshwaram, so won’t prefer them).

2. I’m comfortable with distances upto Kodaikanal or Munnar or may be a bit more.

3. Duration: 3 to 4.5 days

4. Time: From 7th December to 11th December, 2011

5. Mode of travel: Preferably a cab as my parents are visiting

6. As my parents would be here and considering health problems of my mom, I wont try things which involve more walking, climbing, trekking or even going up the stairs.

7. Neither would I prefer places which would be too too cold to visit.

8. Budget: Lowest possible. Suggestions for cheap yet decent accommodations and taxis invited

9. I would like to go places which are really worth watching. Places which are not in the top category can be suggested, but I won’t prefer doing them now.

Waiting eagerly for suggestions and advices. And please don’t mind this doubt asker.

Thanks and regards,

Gaurav Kumar

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips from Bangalore in chilly december

Gaurav, 'top category place' is a very very subjective term. Instead, if you can tell us your interests (historic, religious, natural beauty etc) that would be more helpful for us to suggest places. Let us know.

In the meantime, a few places that may interest you:

1. Belur-Halebidu-Sravanabelagola

2. Chikmagalur (may be a little nippy)

3. Coorg

4. Kerala (choose a backwater or a beach resort)

In all these places, you will have to walk a bit to see sights. If you say that you want minimal walking, I would suggest that you spend on a good resort which will allow you to relax within the premises. And, just omit sights which require a lot of walking / climbing to access.

2. Re: Trips from Bangalore in chilly december

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:41
Get answers to your questions about Bengaluru